Anyways by the time I did finish my coffee it was fifteen past twelve and so I brought my cup to the kitchen, put it in the sink and picked up my phone off the counter to check my messages which consisted of a few from Sloan and Dean.

Sloan💕:

We should go out for dinner tonight. Pleaseee?

Sloan💕:
No wait ignore that you're going to that race tonight.

Sloan💕:

Do you have too?

Sloan💕:

No ignore that too. Yes you do this is big for you, you have to go.

Jesus I hate how she texts in fifty million different texts but of she didn't it wouldn't be Sloan. With a playful roll of my eyes, I text her back.

Me:

Yes I'm going but I'll raincheck.

I hit send then move onto what Dean had to say, which is probably something regarding tonight.

Dean💙:

Meet me at the diner for 1 so we can grab lunch and before the race and such.

Nice, now I only have less then an hour to get ready and I have no idea what I'm even going to wear or anything but I'll start with a shower and go from there.

After doing the full treatment shower shave the legs armpits, and we'll down there because I hate, hate having body hair on my body, I shave regularly because leg hair when it's like all prickly I just don't like having body hair. I know I'm not the only one but everyones different. Everyone has their preference but for me, I don't do body hair on myself.

Keeping the towel I have wrapped around my body where it is, I pull the towel wrapped around my head off and start to dry my hair with it, pressing and rubbing it around with the towel for a few moments before tossing the towel on my bed and letting it air dry, while I head to my closet and figure out what to wear.

I've been to these things millions of times and here I am standing at my closet looking clueless. It's only been three years and it's like I'm going down to the track for the first time.

After 5 minutes or so of just looking at my closet I pull my slightly tattered black leather jacket off the hanger before tossing it on my bed then heading over to my dresser and pulling some blue jeans with a few rips in them. Then opening another dresser and pulling out a big t-shirt with the nascar logo on it along with checkered flags on it, that I've cut so it doesn't look like a dress on me.

I quickly grab some underwear and a bra to match that, put those on then shimmy my butt into my jeans, with extra effort which probably made me look ridiculous, but that's what happens when I put jeans on damp legs. I pull the shirt over my head before checking the alarm clock on my nightstand to show its 12:45, shit.

I scurry back to my bathroom and pull out my hair straightener and plug that in and while it heats up I pull out my tube of mascara and apply some of that to my lashes and that's about it. I'm not big on putting on make up, I never really have a reason too, I mean I work in a garage I'm always sweating and I have a pretty clear face which I relish in because well my teenage years were, just wow, let's not go there.

I quickly straighten my brown mid back length hair, unplug the straightener, and head back to my room where I grab my red cap with a 77 on it in white stitching and on the back it says 'The Jet' also in white stitching just above the adjustable snaps. This is the one thing I will never, ever go any where with out.