1) Meeting the uncle

Start from the beginning

  "Percy, please try to be nice. He's the only family you've got. Well, from my side. So you understand why you have to make a good impression?" She asked, a gleam of hope in her eyes. "If not for the sake of maintaining a relationship could you do it for me?"

  Percy nodded innocently and mumbled, 'Of course mom' before he continued walking towards the living room. The smell of cookies filled the air as Sally took out yet another batch of her famous blue cookies. This was more like home; not being on a stuffy ship waiting for mass destruction to happen. The war had left everyone was a little changed; innocence was lost and even Hazel didn't seem to have the soft glow of youth in her eyes. They'd aged well beyond their actual age. The war had scarred them all, lives were lost, but it goes on for those who stay. So with Leo's contagious laughter and jokes, along with a couple of pranks from Connor and Travis Stoll, life was good. Well, as good as it gets when you're a demigod.

  Percy stopped and glanced around the hall that led to the living room, taking in every detail as if it were his last time visiting. Nothing had changed in this house. The same pictures were hung on the wall from when he was 2 and when he was 6. Even the carpet was the same, whether that be for sentimental value or due to the lack of resources. The stain of blue Gatorade from when he was four was still intact, faded but otherwise intact. Funny how when he was four the loss of a little Gatorade had him sobbing on the floor, yet now that he lost more friends than he could count on one hand, he couldn't muster the strength to even shed a tear.

  "Percy?" He snapped back into reality at the sound of his name. Sally was standing a step away from him staring at him with worry clear in her eyes. He smiled. His first genuine smile in the time after the war and motioned for her to come. A new hope settled into him, maybe life did get better; maybe it wasn't all lost.

  "Lets meet my so called uncle."

With a sad smile she nodded and wrapped her arm around his, leading him into the living room.

  Sitting on the couch was a finely dressed man, looking much like a typical rich person, snotty and mean. Dressed in a black suit with Ray-Ban sunglasses he looked like he was worth a million bucks, at least. He probably was if his styled goatee and clean hair cut were as expensive as they looked. When he saw Percy he immediately stood and smiled, and even though it seemed completely fake Percy couldn't help but appreciate the effort.

"Hiya Percy!" The man said cheerfully and Percy has to stop himself from cringing at how false it sounded. Percy gave him an awkward wave and walked over to sit next to him. His mom came back into the room with a plate full of blue cookies, and Percy was extremely close to taking one when Sally cleared her throat and nodded towards the man. Percy sighed but reluctantly stood up and held out his hand.

"Hey. As you already know I'm Percy. Im uh seventeen." He said with a small smile. He didn't really know how much this man knew about his Demigod life so he decided to spare any details. "I have a girlfriend, her names Annabeth, and I attend a summer camp which is much similar to college Greek life." the man shook his hand and Percy found it hard to continue talking, "That's about it. I'm not really an interesting person."

The mans smiled again and took off his glasses revealing chocolate brown eyes. Without the glasses Percy had to admit he looked much softer than he had with them on. He definitely looked more sleep deprived than before, bags lay beneath his eyes and there was a slight twitch to his left one. This made Percy immediately wonder what his day job was, perhaps he was a teacher. What if he worked at Yancy? In that case we was immediately sorry, as he knew first hand how troubled the children at those schools were. Himself being a prime example.

"Nice to meet you Percy. I'm Tony Stark AKA Ironman but you can call me uncle or just Tony if you'd prefer." He said all in one breath, clearly nervous.