1) Meeting the uncle

The pictures that I put up there aren't drawn by me I can't draw that good. I just really had to share this amazing art!

  Percy knocked on the door for the third time in the same minute, excitement oozing out of him. This time it was opened by none other than Sally Jackson herself. Her sea colored eyes flashed excitedly as she saw her son but before she could pounce on him, and drown him with her motherly love, Percy gave her a cheeky smile and held out a long velvet box. Although no words were exchanged, Sally's smile fell slightly and tears began to fill with tears as she held out her hands to take it.

  "Percy you didn't-" Percy held up a hand, signaling that he would hear none of it.

  "Nonsense mom. You deserve this and more" He said wringing his hands together, a sheepish smile appeared on his face, "I'm really sorry for not visiting sooner. I should have at least called."

   Sally only smiled sadly and nodded, wiping stray tears from her eyes.

   "Don't worry about it Percy. I know you're busy saving the world and stuff from damnation."

   "That's no excuse mom." He looked up at her and put his hands up in a continue motion. With a small chuckle Sally opened the box in her hands. Inside was a golden necklace with a swirling blue pendant in the middle. Her smile fell completely and the tears began to pour freely, her willpower to keep them locked in having died.

  "Percy...I- I don't know what to say." She gently placed her fingertips on the pendant and caressed it. "Its absolutely beautiful." She whispered, pulling Percy into a strong and long hug. He hugged her back and smiled, letting his mother hold strongly onto him. Three months he had spent at Camp helping with the reparations after the war. For three months he'd been away from his mother, without her smiles or her hugs; of course this time didn't include that of the war itself. No matter how old Percy got this was all he would ever need to live happy, not a pile of riches or even immortality, but a hug from his mother; after all he was still a kid, and would always be so in his mothers eyes.

  "Thank you Percy but you didn't have to get me anything." She said pulling away. "How did you even afford this?" She asked holding out the necklace towards him but rather than taking the box he took the piece of jewelry and asked her to pull her hair up.

  "Don't worry about it mom." She looked at him warily, "Nothing like that! I just had some savings and it helps being friends with a gifted metal worker. And I know I  didn't have to get you anything, but I wanted to." He shrugged and wrapped it gently around her neck, pinning the back lightly as to not catch any of her hair. Sally smiled, shaking her head in happiness.

"How does it look?" She finally asked. Percy smiled and kissed her cheek.

"You look beautiful mom. How's little Laura?" He said.

"Growing. She has my eyes." She responded lovingly. Her smile fell and her eyes widened as if remembering something important.

  "Oh! Percy your uncle is inside!" She said turning towards the door. Percy cocked his head to the side in confusion.

  "Uncle? I thought you were an only child." He said. Sally entered the house and motioned for him to follow her. As he did he couldn't help but notice that nothing had changed, except for the superfluous amount of toys that lay scattered on the floor.

  "Yea well about that it turns out that I have a half brother from my dads side of the family." She said putting her hands up in mock excitement, "Surprise!"

  Percy, albeit very confused, gave a light and made his way towards the living room only to be stopped by a strict looking Sally. She placed her hand on his shoulder and looked him in the eyes; her face contorting with anxiety.

Heroes of New York जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें