~Chapter Fifty~

December 20th has finally arrived and the groups performance was just minutes away. It was a very busy evening, we were like tiny little ants scavenging for food in a small ant farm. While the staff were busy getting the girls makeup and hair done, I was busy going over the schedule for their next shows with the other staff. I was running on at least four hours of sleep and had about three cups of coffee and just a bowl of oatmeal throughout the day.

It was about five minutes until the girls had to go up on stage and perform in front of a live audience for the first time. The girls were nervous. Hell, I was nervous myself. I took a peak at the stage and saw a crowd of people all standing up, waiting and cheering for the group. As the girls gathered backstage, I noticed that one person was missing; it was Jisu. I had ran back to the dressing room in search for her. I opened the door to see Jisu slouched over the chair, with her hands on her face. She was tense and her knees bounced up and down rapidly on the ground.

I stepped inside and closed the door behind me and started approaching her. She wipes her face and eyes with her hand and turns her face once she heard me approach her.

"Jisu. You're about to perform in just five minutes! The girls are waiting for you!"

"I'm sorry. I'm just so nervous to go up there. There's so many people out there and I'm nervous if I mess up"

I lower myself until I'm face to face with her. I lightly pat her on the shoulder to soothe her "It's alright to feel this way. A lot of groups have been through the same thing and most of them have either messed up on the first performance or did absolutely fine. People make mistakes. And if you do, it's not the end of the world"

She sniffles and breaks into a soft smile "I bet that's how it was for BTS, huh. I just want things to go well and to make Taehyung proud. I want to see that smile on his face once I'm on that stage."

"Do it not only for him, but for yourself. You're gonna be fine. I promise that. She go out there and give it your all."

She reaches over the makeup table and grabs a handful of napkins and dabs the remaining tears off her face. The makeup on her face happen to be water proof so not a sneer of makeup came off of messed up. She hops off the chair and dust herself off and pick away tiny lint off her outfit.

She exhales deeply, relieved to have some weight lifted off her shoulders "I think I'm ready."

I motion her to the door "Go out there and show it, Jisu"

Jisu has made it just in time and the performance started. Nothing but smiles and cheers all throughout the small venue. Each of the girls were in sync and their movements flowed rhythmically to the music. I watch in amusement, proud of the hard work and dedication. Watching them giving their all was rewarding. My eyes dart to the cheering crowd and then I spot Taehyung. His face was brimming with adoration as he watched Jisu dance and sing on the stage. It was the first time in such a long time to see him this happy and perhaps in love again. That fragile little boy, I had met years ago, was no longer there and I felt content and relieved.

***

December 31st arrived about a week and a half later. It was Taehyung birthday and New Years was just around the corner. We had a mini birthday celebration at the house. Each of us gave Taehyung a birthday gift It was a wintery evening and Hobi was waiting outside for me in front of his car to take me out to dinner. I was in the room putting on my burgundy dress, necklace and earrings. It was a slim fitting strapless dress that exposed just a bit of my thighs. I fixed my hair and sprits some of the perfume that Jisu and Taehyung had gotten for me. Once I was ready, I put on my thick coat, grab my small black purse and head out the house to meet Hobi. I step out of the building, being cautious while walking down the small flight of stairs. Hobi rose his head up and immediately makes his way to the stairs to assist me. He places a hand delicately on the small of my back with the other hand holding mine as we walk down.