Chapter 10 -Side by Side

Well I just LOVE this chapter and it took me hours to write, but I'm happy about it.

This one is dedicated to the sweet crazzybubbles14 for all her support, xx dear ;)

Enjoy guys and let me know what you think.

Once more no disrespect intended, I own nothing but my writing.

Those blue eyes staring at her were almost mesmerizing, the dept in them, the glow they showed every time they looked at her, she could read so many things in them, but one of them was undeniable, love. Those eyes showed how much that amazing woman in front of her loved her and that was enough to make Idina smile.

"Dee? Are you listening to me?" Kristin asked raising an eyebrow looking at Idina playing with the food in her plate with her fork, her eyes lost in the air.

For a moment Idina snapped out of her own world "Sorry Kris, did I miss something?"

"Idina Kim Menzel! Are you ignoring me during our first date??!!"

Idina let out a small laugh reaching for Kristin's hand, intertwining their fingers "Technically it's our second date"

"What?" Kristin asked looking at Idina's hand on her own.

The brunette squeezed the petite woman's hand and smiled "It's our second date sweetie" Idina raised both their hands so that they were in front of both their eyes "when you were my Fiyero, and then Starbucks" her smile was so pure Kristin couldn't help but smile as well.

"I was never your Fiyero, I was always your Glinda" she said winking next.

Idina laughed amused "So you read the book too hm"

"Of course I did, c'mon it's so obvious, Maguire wrote the best love story I've ever read and you can bet that perky ass of yours that it wasn't about Fiyero and Elphaba"

"Wait bet my perky ass?" with that Idina burst out laughing almost unable to breathe "You have a problem with my ass sweetheart"

That was when Kristin got up and leaned across the table, her lips close to Idina's ear "I can assure you I have no problem with your sweet ass darling, for now..." Idina's voice got stuck in her throat for a few moments until Kristin let out a little giggle and move back to her seat.

The brunette cleared her throat trying to disguise the red that had suddenly appeared all over her cheeks.

"Well, are you ready for dessert?" the blonde asked with a grin on her face.

Idina just nodded still dizzy from the sudden proximity between her and Kristin, and that whisper in her ear that sounded more like a promise then a joke.

Jane walked by their table and after a slight nod from Kristin she disappeared into a white door with a smile on her lips.

Kristin had still the same grin on her face and that was making Idina curious.

"When you do that face I don't know if I should be excited or afraid"

The blonde little girl leaned herself once more over the table with her best Quaife's face "Be afraid, be very afraid", she held that face until Idina smack her slightly laughing in the next second.

"Idiot" the brunette said with adoration in her voice.

"I want to kiss you" Kristin whispered looking into the green eyes.

"Kris..."

"I know" the blonde returned to her place "we're in public, we can't." she couldn't hide the disappointment in her voice and Idina couldn't pretend not to have noticed it.