Chapter 12 - Sunflowers

This one was on my mind since the moment I've updated the last one. Here it is.

Kristin was half an hour late, and she was never late before, running through the theatre's door wasn't a good idea either, but she only realized it when she crashed against a girl, probably twenty years old, maybe younger, who was just passing by with flowers in her arms.

"I'm so sorry!" the petite blonde apologized, clearly embarrassed.

"Oh, don't worry, I was just a bit lost, I wasn't paying attention either" the young girl answered her with a simple polite smile.

Kristin bend down to catch a sunflower that had fell after the accident, reaching it to the young girl "You're lost? Maybe I can help" she smiled kindly.

The girl smiled brightly "Really?"

"Sure"

"Well, I'm looking for Miss. Chenoweth's dressing room, I have a deliver" she explained clearly referring to the huge bouquet in her arms, all stunning sunflowers.

"Are you sure you have the right name?" Kristin was skeptical, she couldn't imagine someone sending her something like that.

"Yap, pretty sure, why?"

Kristin's disbelief was replaced by curiosity "Because that's my dressing room".

"Wow, someone must really like you" the girl let out before being able to stop herself making Kristin blush visibly.

"Oh, I'm sorry Miss. Chenoweth It's really none of my business" the girl quickly apologized but Kristin smiled reassuringly towards her.

"Don't worry about it sweetie, so that's all for me hm?"

"Yap, all of it" the flowers' girl assure her.

"Do you know who sent them?" the blonde asked, curiosity taking over her finally.

The girl quickly shook her head "No miss, but it has a card"

"Oh, of course" and for a few seconds Kristin felt a bit dumb for asking that.

After delivering the flowers to Kristin, the girl left apologizing again for the accident, leaving the blonde to her thoughts while walking to her dressing room, forgetting at all how late she really was.

Inside her dressing room she was finally able to put down the flowers on top of a table and grab the pink card.

"Pink, how appropriate" she let out along with a soft smile, but then her stomach was all over the place, her mind racing almost as fast as her heart, there could only be one person who would do that for her, only one big silly, adorkable and lovable brunette with green deep eyes and a smile able to light up the whole fucking theatre.

Still, she was nervous as hell while reading the card, smiling brightly at what was written inside.

In Greek mythology, there was a nymph who was madly in love with the god Apollo, one day after losing him she turned into a sunflower so that she could look at the sun everyday, waiting to see is chariot passing by, finally bringing her love back to her.

When I thought about how to thank you for last night, this was the first thing on my mind, because no matter how cheesy and lame this might sound you are the light in this stage, and in my heart.

I will never stop looking at you, searching for you.

Thank you for the best damn night of my life.

Oh, and by the way, I was not the one who chose the pink card, it's faith I guess.

Dee.

When Kristin finally entered the room where everyone was already rehearsing, she had to force herself not to walk straight towards Idina and kiss her right there and then.

Idina was wearing a long sweater, leggings and sneakers as usual but she looked absolutely stunning. The brunette's attention was focused on her conversation with Eden, her standby, and she didn't notice Kristin's arrival.

Joe was the first one to notice her and he was not happy at all, but in that moment that was way too far from Kristin's mind while her eyes kept glued to Idina's toned legs.

"Almost one hour late Kristin!" he yelled at her, and only then did she look at him.

"I'm so sorry Joe, I over slept" she apologized a bit too fast, a bit too blankly.

Joe was staring at her in disbelief and clearly annoyed but now wanting to waste anymore time arguing.

"Join the others and focus, we have a lot to do today" then he was gone, walking towards a group of dancers across the room.

She saw Eden look at her and weaving, followed by a smiling Idina, Kristin walked towards them once more a little bit too fast.

"How's our pocket diva today?" Eden joked blowing her a kiss.

"Will you ever get tired of mocking me for my size?" Kristin asked pretending to be offended but sounding more amused than anything else.

"Nop, no way" Eden sang haply stealing a laugh from both Kristin and Idina.

"Hey there" Idina finally said smiling and looking right into her eyes, as if looking for something she knew it was there.

"Hey yourself"

"You're late" the brunette stated after Eden had walk away to Norbert and Michelle who were by the coffee machine.

"Clearly dear, I overslept"

"Lucky you, I haven't slept at all and it's all your fault" Idina pointed out pouting like a child.

Kristin jaw dropped a few inches "How the heck is that my fault?"

Before Idina could answer her, Joe was already calling them to the center of the room, but as Kristin walked towards the others Idina walked close to her side, leaning her head close to the blonde's ear.

"You should have been there" she whispered with her husky voice before speeding up and joining the others, leaving behind a very flushed Kristin.

"You're the fucking devil" the blonde mumbled beneath her breath watching Idina as she walked away.