Chapter 5-Alone

Kristin was looking at herself in the mirror trying to silence the thoughts inside her head, the idea of Idina falling for someone else was screaming inside her mind.

How could she think even for a second that Idina would like her, the brunette was an amazing woman, stunning, smart and obviously straight.

Short chapter, the next one will be longer, I promise.

“You're an idiot Kristin” she repeated to herself while looking inside her own blue eyes “what an idiot”.

After a few minutes she decided to go back to the table, she took a deep breath and walked out of the toilet, she walked to the table but then she realized Idina wasn't there anymore.

The waiter walked by and she called him.

“Sorry, have you seen the brunette that came with me?”

“Yes, she payed and left 5 minutes ago, she didn't seemed well” the boy said before leaving Kristin alone, her hands on top of the table. She wasn't understanding what could she possible have done to make Idina leave her alone like that.

She grabbed her purse and was about to leave the table when she noticed a paper on the table with something written on it.

Kristin read the paper slowly.

Kristin, I'm sorry for all this mess.

I know I crossed the line and I know you couldn't possible feel the same way about me.

Don't worry I'll never talk about this again, I just hope this doesn't affect our work and that maybe we can still be friends.

I'm sorry for loving you.

Dee.”

Kristin couldn't believe her eyes, Idina was in love with her. For a second she thoughts about running after the brunette but something inside her told her to wait, to go home and so she did.

Sleeping, however, was not an easy task for neither of them.

Idina was laying on her bed that seemed too big that night, looking at the ceiling and trying to erase the memory of Kristin running from her.

“She must hate me right now” she let out in a low voice into the darkness in her room, her long brown hair spread on the pillow “How could you think that she would ever feel the same about you, she's Kristin and you're well you're just me”