Twenty- Nightmares and Vomiting

I open the door to the house of hell. There is no scent of alcohol, instead pine sol fills my nostrils and I tilt my head slightly in confusion.

I look down and the blood stains, glass, and spills of drinks are no longer there. Everything is in it's place and surprisingly nothing is knocked off it's shelf. There are candles lit and the couches look new. 

Laughs come from the kitchen and I begin to head towards them. The giggles are filled with happiness-- not a ridiculous laugh to cover the pain.

I turn into the kitchen to see my aunt and a girl with long ginger hair that meets with her waist. Her eyes are somewhere between a blue and a green-- her eyes looked hypnotizing.

Behind them, a story rested with many secrets. Some so old they could have cobwebs and dust upon them and some new, much like a wound. Each and everyone left scars and held thousands of words, but not even so could describe the pain of each memory. 

But, her laugh and smile told that the past didn't define her. That she had the confidence much like a lion, the light behind her eyes were still there.

"Mom?" I speak and the two women, that looked a bit younger, peered up at me.

"I told you she was beautiful, Ash." my mom nudges my aunt.

"Too bad she couldn't live up to the outer appearance internally." Aunt Ashley spoke. I furrow my eyebrows.

"I wanted the good for her, but she will end up just like me." I chest tightens at the words being spoken. 

I watch my aunt and mom disappear from head to toe. Blood begins to slowly spill from the walls onto the carpet. I collapse to the ground and begin crying and sobbing.

"Clover, wake up!" I suck in a sharp breath, my heart pounding and cold sweats drip around my forehead. My throat feels as if I swallowed a desert and my head is pounding. I hear a sigh of relief and turn my head towards the figure.

"Louis?" I say, reaching over and turning on the lamp. Once my eyes adjust to the light I look at Louis and see that he's holding a damp rag.

"Are you okay?" he asks, clearly worried. I want to cry but I bite my lip, blink away the tears and nod. "Clove, did you had a nightmare." I didn't answer his question, but to change the subject I asked what he was doing with the rag.

"You looked really pale when you fell asleep in the car on our way back. So I carried you and laid you down and attempted to find a thermometer(which took forever) and I when I did I took your temperature and you had a fever. Then I noticed you were sweating and wanted to get you a cold rag." Louis explains, descriptively.

"Thank you." I smile at him, laying back down. Louis places the cool rag on my forehead and I let the cold seep in. "What time is it?"

"Three fifty-two, in the morning." I groan and close my eyes. "Do you want some water, your voice sounds different?" he offers.

"No, but thank you. You need sleep and to stop worrying about me." he tilts his head to the side and gives me an, 'are you serious' look.

"Clover, I'm getting you water and some medicine." my mind flashes back to the time Niall gave me medicine and I woke up to him gone. 

"No, no. Just get me some water, no medicine." I tell him. Louis nods and walks out of the room. 

I feel like crying after the nightmare. It felt so real and.. my mom. I thought. Even though I never knew my mother I always missed her. I feel that if she were still alive I wouldn't be just okay.