Eighteen-Rough Endings, New Beginnings

(play the music on the right. If you can't. Just listen to 'don't let me go' by Harry Styles, because perf<3)

I walk into the living room and my eyes scan the empty beer bottles around me, the smell reminds me of the house. My aunt's and uncle's. A sigh escapes my lips and I begin picking up the empty bottles of poison.

I know that Liam is going to talk to me. This was eventually happen going to happen. I knew it would. No one stays this long. Heck, I am lucky enough for any of them to stay this long.

I know I am not happy with Liam. I understand his decision, but I can't help but think how things will change because of this. Will it be awkward?

I wonder if when Liam leaves, if everyone will leave? And, if that is so, I am going to be alone; though I always have been. I always enjoyed the feeling of being alone because that was the only feeling I ever knew until, well, Niall came along and Taylor and Niall's friends.

I am interrupted from my thoughts when Liam grabs my hand.

"Let's go for another walk shall we?" He asks. I force a smile and nod my head, agreeing with him.

Once we step outside I notice that the street lamps are on and the moon is a crescent. The air is chilling and I feel as if I can breathe now.

Silence consumes us until we are down the street. "Clover." Liam said. I turn towards him afraid of what is going to occur at any moment.

He brings his lips to mine and kisses me. The kiss is slow, but then it proceeds to get rough. By now I am pinned to a wall and Liam is kissing harder by the minute.

"L-Liam." I say and he must of heard me because he quickly reacted.

He pulls away. "This doesn't feel right. At all." he wipes his mouth with the sleeve of his jacket and I do the same with my bare arm.

"I know.." I whisper. I know what is coming and I am scared for what might come.

"What do you mean?" he asks.

"You don't feel anything, do you?" the question is rhetorical.

"I'm sorry, Clover." Liam looks down. I smile and lift his head up with my two fingers. "It's just- well I don't know. I see the way Louis looks at you and how he just smiles by just hearing your name or voice." he continues.

"Clover, I've always loved you, I was just never sure in which way. So I thought maybe it was love but, it wasn't. I don't get the butterflies and I see the way you look at Louis. You laugh at his jokes, not mine. You don't doze off when he speaks, and I'm not offended. The reasoning is is that it's because these things happen. I just want you to know that you're a wonderful person. And, I will never leave you again." his voice is promising. I did not even notice that I am crying but, I am aware of my reasons.

'Cause some of the things I did to Liam that isn't acceptable, he still accepted them. That's what made him such a wonderful person, inside and out.

"Friends?" Liam opens his arms and smiles. I nod my head and go into his embrace.

"Friends." I smile and the weight of stress decreases on my shoulders. I stay in Liam's embrace awhile and then we both finally release each other and smile. 

"Lets head back." Liam says and I nod in agreement.

~

"I'm back." I say, closing the door behind me and locking it. When I walk into the living room I see Harry picking up what's left of the beer bottles.

"Hey." he looks up and gives me an unneeded sympathetic smile.

"Hey Clover, how are you feeling?" I know he knows what happened.