Thirteen- Hightide and Lowtide

*Zayn's Point of View*

"I'm sorry." the same two words are on replay in my head. My head drops, my eyes on the ground. Tears course down my cheeks and fall to the ground.

"Sir-" before he could finish I stop him, by holding up my index finger. I want a moment of silence to myself and I didn't want to hear anything.

The car keys in my pocket are grasped by my hand and I pull them out, walking away from the hospital I had spent years visiting. 

Why is it every time I walking into that hospital, I walk out with bad news? I wonder. My car unlocks after I press the button and I get in, ready to have a shot.

~

I arrive at home and everything is clean as usual. My parents aren't home and the only sound is the dog barking in the backyard. I sniffle before opening the fridge.

I pull out a chocolate bar and a bottle of vodka. I immediately pour myself a shot and gulp it down.

One, two, three, four, five, six...I lost count, but all I know is that everything seems tilted and the pain in my chest has disappeared.

Why was I crying earlier? I ask myself. That's when the scene at the hospital replays and I pour myself another shot and gulp it down.

"Mate, what are you doing?" I turn around and I can't make out whoever the hell it is, but I know I know them.

"Zayn, you've never been this fucked up. What the hell happened?" their voice echos throughout the house and I laugh.

"She got-got-" everything begins tilting and splotches of black appear randomly in my vision. My eyes begin to drape down as if they were curtains. 

"Zayn, can you hear me?" it was a dream. But, I refuse to open my eyes. "You probably can't, but I just want you to know that I miss you. It's been awhile and yet you still haven't woken up." I now am drawn in and keep my eyes close.

"So, Zayn I just want you to stay. I don't know why you haven't woken up. It was only an overdosage." Louis cries. I can tell he's crying because his sniffles are echoing. 

"Anyways, Clover and I have gotten closer. But, Liam got to her before I could." I didn't know what to think at this point. "They're going on a date tonight, I think. I just- I should have gotten to her." I know he's hurt, because I have felt the same pain, I am no stranger to the feeling. 

"I just wanted to tell her how I felt about it, but she looked so happy. You wouldn't believe it, Zayn. She looks like someone who won a million dollars. The way her face glowed and just her smile-- it wasn't fake this time. I couldn't do it. I just couldn't tell her."

~

*Clover's Point of View*

"You look to happy." Taylor comments. "It's because of Louis, isn't it?" I scrunch my eyebrows.

"What?" I ask.

"Wait- it isn't?" I shake my head 'no'.

"No, Liam asked me out on a date, and it's tonight." I ignore her confused look and I carry on.

"I really want to wear something nice." I assure her.

"Well, c'mon!" Taylor shouts and grabs my wrist, dragging me down into her and Niall's room. The room was surprisingly nice because Niall used to be a big slob.