One: Roomie²

Delilah:

BAM BAM BAM.

I pull my blanket over my ears. 

BAM BAM BAM.

Ughhhh what the fuck is that?

I sigh out loud and turn to my back, looking for a better position.

"She ain't messing with no other man, me and her are something different..."

Ughhh why did Dave turn the radio on? He knows I'm sleeping...

"IF YOU CROSS HER, THEN YOU CROSS ME..."

Fine, I think, I'm just gonna turn the radio off myself.

I throw my duvet off my body and sit up, searching for my T-shirt from the floor. I grab it and get dressed whilist stumbling out of my room. It's not coming from the radio in the livingroom, I note.
"DAVE!"
"Yes?!"
"TURN THE RADIO OFF I'M SLEEPING!"
"It's not on!!"

I turn around as the music gets closer.
"You're making me feel like I'm loved by... Oh hi."

A guy with brown hair is standing right behind me and smiling with his blue eyes

A guy with brown hair is standing right behind me and smiling with his blue eyes. "Who are you?"
He's wearing a grey hoodie and blue jeans. I give him a questioning look and he takes off his iPhone-headphones. "I'm Joel, nice to meet you."
"Delilah."
He squints his eyes a bit. "Are you Dave's girlfriend?"
"No, I'm his roommate. I live in that room", I say and point to the one almost at the end of the tiny hallway.
"Oh! In that case you're my new roommate too. I'm moving in today."
"You... are?"
"Yeah!"
"Hold on a sec", I say and turn to face the other side of the living room. Dave's room is located behind the kitchen and the door to it is in our living room. "DAVE!! SOME GUY NAMED JOEL IS HERE!!"
"Oh shit! I'M COMING!"

Dave comes to us, looking hurried and his hair messed up. "Joel! You're here!"

"You better explain", I say and point to Joel's bag that has stickers all over it

"You better explain", I say and point to Joel's bag that has stickers all over it. "Oh, you didn't know? This is a five-bedroom apartment and three more people are moving in here."
I pull my hand trough my hair in confusion. "You said nothing about that yesterday."
"I didn't have the time when you were in so much rush. Joel and Josh are both moving in today, Josh in the afternoon though."
"This will work out horribly. I think I need to cancel my moving in."
"Delil-"
"No, you don't get it. I moved in with you because I thought you were nice and quiet and wouldn't mind my schedule. I don't want to bother four other people!"
"Look, I know about your schedule and so does Joel. And Josh. It's okay. We'll figure it out."
I'm too annoyed to say anything, so I turn around on my heels and rush back into my bed. I pull my blanket over my head and sigh loudly.

This is not okay. Nothing about this was in the contract, Dave has lied to me and all these random people are living with me now. That's just fucking amazing. I sigh loudly and decide to spend the day thinking about what I'm gonna do next.

I somehow manage to fall asleep again and wake up again around 1PM. Things seem a bit better this time around, and I make coffee in the kitchen. Dave's working on something on his computer on the couch and gives me a wave.
"Hey", I say to him and slide to the couch next to him. "How are you?"
"I'm okay thank you very much. Just editing my new video." He takes his headphones off and turns his full attention into me.
"Look, Dave, I'm really sorry about what I said earlier. I know you didn't lie to me and that I'm responsible for my own life."

He smiles and shakes his head. "Nothing to worry about, Delilah. I know that I should've mentioned it earlier. I really hope you decide to stay though, you seem so nice and have an interesting energy."
"Thanks. I think we need to figure out some rules, but staying is definitely a strong option at the moment."
"Wait until you meet Josh", Dave says and smiles. "After that you'll have no intention of leaving."
"Oh? How so?"
"He's very cute and very persuasive. And he cooks incredible veggie foods."
"When is he moving in again?"
Suddenly, I hear the doorbell ring.
"Now", Dave giggles and I get up, telling him I'll get it.