"Have you made a decision?" she asked, getting to the point

"I don't know if you can handle her" Jackson answered

"I am her grandmother, of coarse I can"

School would be closed in about a week or two and Lydia would be free for summer break. Catherine wanted her to spend that summer break in Boston.

"Dealing with a five year old these days isn't so easy mom"

"It can't be that hard, I dealt with you at five"

"Yeah but Lydia isn't going to want to drive toy cars and watch crazy cartoons all day" he explained "She likes fairies and mermaids and imaginary unicorns named Phoenix"

"I can deal with that" Catherine said, trying to convince her self more than Jackson

"Well, can you deal with her showing up at Harper Avery Foundation board meetings?" he asked

"What?" Jackson could imagine the confused look on her face

He explained that he had just went to the daycare a while ago, to drop Lydia back off. She had executed her famous "Daycare escape plan". This time, she found herself in the hospital board meeting, wearing her customized pink lab coat, with "Dr. Lydia Avery" on it, a gift from Harper. The members of the board found it cute, except Cristina, who found it a bit funny.

"Thank you for planting the Avery legacy in her head" Jackson said "Now she's convinced that since she's an Avery, and the foundation funds the hospital, that she has to be apart of, and I quote, 'the decision making process of the hospital'"

Catherine laughed "She must've looked so adorable"

"And that was the problem. No one could be serious after she came in demanding to know what was going on with her hospital"

"That would certainly lift the spirits in the foundation's board meetings" Catherine thought aloud "You should really send her to Boston. It'll give you and April some alone time"

"April and I don't need alone time" he stated, thinking of all the "almost sex" moments they'd had

"Everyone needs a lone time" Catherine said "How else would you two plan the wedding"

"Here we go again", Jackson thought to himself

That was the million dollar question these days, "When are you and April getting married?", "Are you two ever gonna get married?", "Shut up and get married already!". They kind of lived together and have a child together, why not right? There was no denying that he loved April, but getting married was a big step that he wasn't sure he was ready for. As for April, he wasn't so sure where she stood; it wasn't something that the two talked about.

"There is no wedding mom" Jackson said

"Don't you want Lydia to have a stable family?" she asked

"She does have a stable family"

"You call spending a week at your apartment then spending the week at April's stable?"

His mother did have a point.

"We're fine mom" he said with a sigh

"If you say so" she said "Just think about sending Lydia to Boston ok?"

"April and I will talk about it"

After saying their goodbyes, the two hung up.

________________________________