"I love you too."

"Lets head back inside, everyone's waiting.."

Bucky flinched. "Are they.. mad?"

"No. Well.. only a little bit. But more so worried."

He nodded, grabbing ahold of her hand and allowing her to lead him back inside of the quiet school. They strode down the halls, small smiling at passing teachers and bidding them goodbye. Natasha came to a stop in front of their English classroom and Bucky peered inside, spotting all of his friends sitting in a circle on the desks and chairs.

Bucky gulped. "They're so mad.." he thought to himself.

Noticing the worry in his eyes, Natasha gave his hand a reassuring squeeze before opening the door. At the sound of the squeaking door opening, the group of friends turned and stared at the two from their seats, relief washing over their features.

Natasha pulled Bucky into the room, taking a seat on one of the chairs and leaving him to stand before them. "Well?" Bruce countered. "Where the hell have you been? Do you know how worried we were?! We had to tell the school that you were at an appointment and had forgotten to sign out!"

Bucky flinched at the angry tone of his friend, stuffing his hand inside of his pocket and bowing his head. "I'm sorry.." he squeaked, kicking a foot back and forth. "I didn't mean to make you worry."

"Well you did." Tchalla added, getting up from his seat and walking over to Bucky. "Why didn't you answer our calls or texts?"

"My phone died."

"Bullshit it did. You wanted us to worry, you wanted to scare us that you might go and fucking hurt yourself or even try to kill yourself again! All for what? Attention? To get back at us for joking around with you or not noticing you?" Tchalla hissed.

"Wh-What? No.. you don't.. you don't mean that- this- this isn't you.. I- I would never-

"Wait- whats this about trying to kill yourself again?" Natasha questioned. "What does he mean Bucky?"

Tears welled up in the boys eyes as Tchalla glared at him with venom in his gaze, hands clenched into fists by his side. "Do you wanna tell them? Or should I?"

"Tell us what?" Bruce asked, looking between the two.

Bucky gulped down the lump that had begun to form in the back of his throat, letting a tear fall down his cheek and over his pursed lips. "I- I... last night... l-last night I- I got s-so far g-gone... so d-deep in my thoughts... that I- I started.. I started thinking that.. that I didn't wanna l-live anymore..." he whimpered, tears now freely flowing down his cheeks as he sniffled. "And I... I listened.. to the.. to the voice in my h-head and uh... I g-got dads.. dads pistol.. and went into the w-woods.."

Natasha cupped a hand over her lips, tears welling up in her eyes as she watched her friend, brokenly talk.

"And.. and before I could.. could pull the.. the trigger... St-Steve.. that guy from the river.. tackled me to.. to the ground and threw the... threw the pistol away-

Bucky was cut off by Natasha and Bruce gathering him in their arms, hushing him as he weeped and coughed, mumbling apologies. "It's okay.. it's okay.." they whispered, holding onto him tightly. "We've got you.."

Tchalla's face softened and he cursed at himself. He shouldn't have done that.. he shouldn't have yelled at Bucky when he was in this state.. he was such an idiot!

"I-I'm so s-sorry." Bucky whimpered. "I should've t-told you.."

"It's okay.. it's okay.." Natasha cooed, wiping away her tears. "Your okay.. don't apologise.."