Chapter 12

NICKI POV

Matthew and Skylar took to Logan and Olivia right away, which is good. The girls share a room and the boys share a room so as of now, theres a playroom thats equally age and gender appropriate for the 4 of them. This isn't too bad, especially since Logan and Olivia have chores so its less things I'm doing on my own as well as they keep Skylar and Matthew pretty occupied for the most part so its sorta like they're not there.

I had searched the local highschool they would be going to and I have them enrolled. School starts in 2weeks, and Skylar starts Kindergarten the day after while Matthew starts preschool next week.

I'm an English and Spanish teacher for the High school that Logan and Olivia will be attending, so I can keep an eye on them a little.

"This is so exciting!" Drake rubbed my leg.

"Yeah, but don't you think you should be out practicing with Logan and Olivia? I mean, even though you're the coach they still should have the skill to make the team." I looked up at him.

"Yeah yeah, I'll take them to the court later." He kissed my cheek.

"Aiight, get off of me." I brushed him away.

"After all this, you still wont even consider having a baby of our own?"

"After all this? Of course not! Why go through pregnancy, and labor and everything if we can drive to the place and adopt within minutes, any kid we want?" I clicked my tongue.

"But they're not OURS."

"They living in OUR house, eating OUR food, calling US mom and dad. They are ours." I folded my arms across my chest.

"Onika," he let out a deep sigh.

"Aubrey," I mimicked his sigh.

He threw his hands up in the air and walked out the room. I shrugged and pulled out my laptop.

"What was that all about?" Olivia startled me as she came and sat beside me.

"Oh, Drake? Nothing he's just overdramatizing something that doesn't even matter." I replied.

"Maybe it matters to him."

"I don't see why it matters so much though." I shook my head.

"What is it?" She wrapped her arms around me.

"He is so persistent with trying to get me to have his baby, and I've been trying just as hard to convince him that I don't want to have a baby." I blinked away an on coming tear, I never actually talked about this to anyone before.

"Have you guys actually had a chance to talk about it? Like a serious conversation?"

"No, he doesn't give me much of a chance to speak. Once I say no, he catches a huge attitude and dismisses it right away." I sighed.

"Wow, being married seems hard." Olivia bit her bottom lip.

"It has its moments."

"How long have you two been married?"

"2years."

"Really? How'd you meet?" She laid down and pulled the covers over her, "and like, what brought you together?"

I laid beside her under the covers, "its a long story."

"There's literally nothing else to do with life today."

"Okay," I laughed a little.

"Begin."

"Well, we went to the same Highschool, he was like a jock or whatever but I never REALLY paid him much attention. Plus, I had a boyfriend already. The only thing was, my boyfriend was kinda abusive and what not." I began.

"I would've never guessed that you've been in an abusive relationship." She touched my face.

"Yeah, well we all went to this huge end of the year party Junior year, and my boyfriend.. well, tried to rape me, and.." I took a deep breath.

"Its okay, you can tell me. I wont tell anyone." Olivia coaxed.

"Yeah, well.. he locked me in a bedroom or whatever, and I kept struggling to get out. When I finally did, the first person I ran into was Drake. I remember just crying into his arms, not even knowing who he was at the time. He just... He made me feel safe. We left the party early, and he took me home." I wiped away a few tears, "That summer, my boyfriend kept harassing me everyday. To the point where, I didn't even wanna go to school senior year. Its not like I could explain it to my parents since they didn't want me to be dating in the first place so it would've just been something for them to throw in my face. Somehow Drake convinced them to transfer me to a different school. We ended up talking to each other often, eventually we started going out. Then we lived in an apartment together, a few years ago he proposed so we got married and moved here 2 years ago."

"Wow! That is like, the kind of story you would see on TV or read in a book." Olivia's eyes were wide.

I hugged her, she hugged back tightly and didnt let go. We eventually fell asleep like that.