Chapter 7

**NICKI POV**

I woke up to Matthew laying in my arms, I don't remember him being here when I went to sleep but its okay because he's my baby boy. I cuddled him a few minutes before carrying him to his room. I walked downstairs and Drake was downstairs, he hugged me and sat me at the table where he had made breakfast.

"I made breakfast." He smiled and put a plate of food in front of me.

"Thanks," I checked the time, "It's seven o'clock, why are you up so early?"

"I'm excited about our day."

"We didn't plan anything special." I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"I did, its a surprise for you and Matthew." He grinned as I started eating.

"Sometimes I think your are insane." I shook my head.

**A FEW HOURS LATER**

Drake had me blindfolded in the car as we drove to our mystery place. Matthew was home with Thembi, my best friend.

"We're here" He said as he parked the car.

"I can take this off now?"

"Not yet" He helped me out the car and we walked into a building and down a hallway, he greeted people and then we were in a room. He removed my blind fold, revealing that we were back at the adoption center.

"Oh my goddd." I groaned not again. Suddenly a woman walked in with a little hazel-eyed girl. The girl immediately jumped onto me and held on tight. I refused to hold her.

"Are you my new mommy?" She asked.

"Yeah she is, whats your name?" Drake asked her.

"Skylar" She let go of me.

"You're a cutie. Let us sign the papers to make it official." Drake went over to the counter and called me over.

"Drake stop popping up with ideas to get kids this isnt cute." I could care less if the little girl heard it or not.

"Really? I think she's adorable." Drake handed me the pen, I felt something latch onto my leg. I looked down to see the girl with her tight grip on my leg.

"Get off of me." I lifted my leg towards Drake, "This isn't cute."

"It is so." He laughed and pulled her off me and into her arms. "Sign the papers."

"No, I don't want her!" Suddenly I heard sobbing, I looked at the little girl curled up in a ball. Drake walked over to her, I kept my distance.

**DRAKE POV**

I walked over to Skylar and pulled her into my arms. "Are you going to adopt me?" She asked, looking up at me.

"Yes once I get Nicki to agree." I stroked her black hair.

"I don't like it here." Her teary eyes looked into mine.

I carried her to Nicki, "Nika can you just sign the papers?"

"You're not gonna let this go huh?"

"Nope."

"Fine!" She quickly signed the papers so we could leave.

**NICKI POV**

**AT HOME**

I walked in the house and Thembi greeted us at the door.

"Where's my baby boy?" I asked.

"In the kitchen, who's this little cutie?" She stared down at the little girl.

"I'm Skylar" The little girl said.

"Aren't you just the cutest thing!" Thembi said as Matthew ran in and hugged me.

"Is that my new sister?" He asked Drake.

"Yeah, this is Skylar. Skylar this is your little brother Matthew." Drake explained.

"I'm bigger than her!" Matthew protested.

"Yeah but she is older." Drake chuckled a bit.

"Matthew come on, let's go upstairs." I said picking him up. I felt the little girl latch on to my leg once again. "Drake get her off of me." I spoke through my teeth.

"Babe, give her a chance." Drake pleaded.

The little girl let go of me, I went upstairs to play trains with Matthew.