Chapter 5: Growing Evidence

As I was walking back home, I thought that I would take a look at the poster that was drawing attention earlier. I walked back past the poster and was shocked by what I saw. Written on the poster in red marker was the phrase, "οι στοίβες". I guessed it was Greek due to the lettering but unfortunately, I never took Greek as a language at school so I took down the poster and put it in one of my folders for filing when I got back to the office.
When I got back, the dr had filled the case for me. He gave me some minor details on the crime and told me when I had to have solved the case by. Fortunately, I had two weeks, but unfortunately, the case file that had been given only told me what I already knew.
  Knowers had also left me a list of contacts that were associated with his organisation. This list included the scientist, professor Primrose and a translator by the name of George Plank. This was perfect. I called the number that I was given and almost immediately got through. I told him about the poster that I found and agreed to meet him at Hyde Park in half an hour.

---

At the allotted time, I met with Mr Plank at the allotted place with the poster in my hand. I had attempted to copy the note but even with my years of experience at secretary work, I failed, more than once, to copy the lettering of the note. I learned how to write short hand, do basic mathematics and learn how to read. I had never been taught the Greek alphabet.
I found Mr Plank on a bench, engrossed in his Newspaper. When I sat next to him, he looked a bit startled to find that I was so young. I had half a mind to tell him off for his cheek but I refrained from doing so on the grounds that I needed to keep good relations. Once we were acquainted, I showed him the poster. He read the writing aloud to me and told me that it meant 'the Stacks'. I had to stifle an exclamation of surprise Lizzy must be Psychic to have given me that invitation just a short while ago. I thanked Mr Plank, stood up and began the walk back to base.
On my way back, I was bumped into by a man who was dressed in a neat suit but who was walking very quickly and smelled of tobacco. As he brushed past, I saw that he dropped a piece of paper by mistake. I was about to give it back to him but already he had vanished into the crowd. 'Well, he seemed in a bit of a hurry' I thought as I turned back around and continued my walk.
When I got back, I had a proper look at the note. It said 'the stacks, 16th, 11:00, 3'. Again, the stacks! And at the time that we were to be staying too. The 16th at 11:00. But what did 3 mean? I resolved to sort that out once I got there. For now, I had to pack for my trip to stacks the next day.