Chapter 4: The Evidence

I sat at my new desk putting papers into one of the new folders and writing notes. I ate lunch and left at 1:00 to find some more evidence. I left for the police station to see if they had collected anything from the scene. On my way there, I saw a group of people crowded around a poster. I presumed that it was just people being curious so I went on with the mile to the station.
I reached the station and was greeted by a man called PC Black. He was a tall, burly man with brown curly hair and a moustache. He asked why I was there and I said that I was there on KPE business, searching for the thief of the Koh-I-nor. He lead me down a corridor and through a set of double doors to a barely furnished room that only had a desk in it. He opened one of the drawers and pulled out a small box with "Koh-I-nor Evidence" written on it in black marker. He opened the box and took the contents out one by one. When he was done, the table had on it a cigarette butt, an unlit match and a lady's handkerchief with the letters 'DP' embroidered in the corner. I asked if there were any witnesses and he said that there were none. I was due to meet with one of my close friends for lunch. Maybe she could help me to identify 'DP' and give me an address.
---
At 2:00, I met with my friend, Elizabeth Perkins for afternoon tea at the Ritz. We sat down and talked for a while when she brought up the Stacks. She had been invited to stay there for the weekend and had been given the invitation for a plus one and since she wasn't courting at the minute, she offered me an invitation. I accepted graciously. Maybe I might meet DP. I thanked her and we departed.