chapter thirty-five.

rose.

Arriving at the airport was hectic. I never realised how big these boys actually were. Hearing the screaming fans before you could see them gave me a huge headache and the fact that none of the boys were really fond of me didn't exactly help. Liam wrapped an arm around me, attempting to shield me from the fans but I already felt the guilt eating at me. There were going to be rumours, I could potentially be the one to destroy Liam's relationship with Sophia. I duck my head so nobody could identify me properly, not looking up until we were in the safety of the building. I follow after the boys like some sort of sheep to their taxi.

When there was no spaces left on the taxi for Louis, I am soon clambering out of the taxi, letting him get in. Zayn looks at me questionably and I shake my head. Getting here was enough, maybe if I searched enough I could find a job, get some money, rent a flat...

"Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it." I smile before walking off. I hear my name shouted but I ignore it, hoping they would just leave. My wishes are granted when I hear the taxi speeding off, but I am soon confused when my arm is grabbed.

"We're getting another taxi, don't worry." A gruff voice was heard and I find myself looking up at a man with a strong build. His height and size reminded me slightly of Carl and I feel my knees knocking and trembling.

"I'm Paul, the boys' bodyguard." He smiled.

"I'm Rose." I mutter feebly. He gives me a smile and we don't talk till he wakes me up when we reach the hotel. I am surprised when I managed to fall asleep and also surprised when I find myself in my own hotel room.

"If you need anything, give my door a knock or call room service, the payments are all covered." Paul smiled. I like Paul, kinda.

I feel out of place, like the only thing dirty in such a luxurious suite. I decide to attempt a nap, but the look of the bed was too nice for me to ruin, so I find myself sitting on the small sofa, hugging my knees and shutting my eyes. I ignore the pains in my ribs, trying hard to get some much needed sleep.

I soon find myself awake, staring into the eyes of Zayn. I wince back, pressing my back hard against the sofa. I look up at him in question, tugging my jacket tighter around me to get more warm.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him quietly.

"You need to get your ribs bandagaged and anything else." He mumbles quietly, helping me to my feet and leading me to the door.

-*-

"Right Rosemarie, I suggest you stay a few days in bed. Also try and not to crack your knuckles anymore or they'll have to be bandaged up also."

"Thank you." I mumble, sliding off the examining table and pulling my shirt down. I grab my jacket, slinging it over my arm and making my way back to where Zayn was waiting in the other room.

He stands immediately, walking over and embracing me into a small hug. "How was it?" He mumbled quietly, thanking the doctor immediately.

After sorting through weird ass paperwork, we were soon heading back to the hotel where Zayn tells me I'll be spending a few days in my hotel room. I don't object, knowing I didn't have much to do anyways.

"Is that okay with you?" He asked again, eyes widening.

zayn.

"I'm used to it, it's fine." She smiles, making my own falter. Will she think I'm trying to lock her up in her room just like Carl did?

"Alright, do you need anything? Extra pillows, duvet, food, drink?"

"I think I'll manage, thank you." She smiled. Please, just talk to me Rosie. I miss you.