chapter fifty-five.

rose.

"Louis?" I say as I open the door, allowing him to enter the flat. I offer him a cuppa as he situated himself on the sofa, blue eyes gazing around the spacious living room.

"Sorry it's a bit messy, I slept with Lucy last night." I say quickly when I notice him eye my pillow and duvet which were on the sofa that would usually be folded out into a bed. Louis stood, sitting on the arm of the one seat sofa as I handed him his tea, his leg folding over so that they were crossed.

"Where's your room?" He asks when noticing there was only a door to the kitchen, bathroom and Lucy's room.

"My stuff's in the wardrobe in the bedroom but I sleep here, it's a sofa bed." I explain with flapping hands, pointing towards the room and then the sofa.

"The bastard! I told him to look into flats." Louis mumbled, causing my brows to furrow. He looks up and sees my confusion, chuckling softly as I sip my mug of coffee.

"He did a half assed job with researching flats. Didn't realise he'd end up getting you such a small place."

"I don't mind it too much, it's close enough to Lucy's school and all." I say, knowing that a certain guy above was the reason I liked this place more.

"Where is Lucy?" Louis asked, eyes searching the flat.

"Sleeping in." I roll my eyes playfully. "She slept quite late last night, she should wake up soon though." I say, eyeing the clock which displayed that it was almost noon.

"Are you sleeping alright?" He asked, and I immediately knew he was eyeing the bags underneath my eyes.

I nod, knowing he wouldn't believe me even if I tried to convince him. I just didn't realise why he was here. I asked, seating myself on the sofa and tucking my legs underneath me, finishing my coffee and leaving the mug on the table. I then proceeded to grab a cushion and hug it to my chest, hating how sitting down made me want to rest my eyes.

He explained that he was here to check up on me, making my heart flutter by the fact that he cared. He gives me his number and tells me to call whenever I needed anything,
making me thank him as my heart swelled.

Lucy soon wakes up, entering the room with bleary eyes and shuffling her feet. She groggily tells me that she has brushed her teeth but it was already evident from the toothpaste staining the front of her cotton pyjamas.

"Lu!" Louis cheers, causing a smile to appear on her tired face as she runs to hug him.

"Lou!" She giggled into his neck, laughing louder when he began to spin her.

"Lucy go get changed, I've left your clothes on the chair for you." I urge her, watching her skip off back to her bedroom, unruly curls bouncing with each leap.

"How are things?" Louis asks, the look in his eyes telling me that he wasn't asking for a shallow answer, rather a in-depth explanation to how things actually were. So I told him, knowing there was no harm in doing so as he was my friend and that my words had been restricted for so long it felt nice to let it all out. I tell him about the blood tests and the neighbours, Zayn and even the Plan B.

"I'm sorry about all that, it's so shitty." Louis apologised, and I know there's nothing more he could've done. He can't make me un-love Zayn or change the past.