chapter five.

zayn.

"Lucy, are you okay?" I shut the door behind me, making my way to the small girl crouched in the corner. She hiccuped, her head looking up at me alarmed.

She immediately wipes her eyes, putting on a big smile. Who knew fake smiles could be done at such a young age?

"I okay." She tells me, standing up and making her way round me and taking her empty plate off the table to hand to me.

"I finish." I take the plate off of her, placing it onto the desk which Lucy couldn't reach.

I crouch down to her level, taking her hand in mine.

"What's wrong Lucy?"

"Nothing."

"Lucy, it's very naughty to lie, I shall give you one more chance to tell me what's wrong or you will be sat on the naughty step."

After a few minutes of hesitation, she finally speaks. "I miss my mummy, where other daddy; Carl?!"

I didn't know how Carl was related to this, but I decided not to ask. Not wanting to upset her further.

"Awh, well you've got your daddy so it's okay."

"Carl not here?" Her eyes widened.

"It's me silly." I chuckle, ruffling her curls.

"No you not." A small frown settled on her lips as she took a step back from me.

"Lucy, come back here." I order, causing her to quickly step back forwards.

"I am your daddy okay. Remember, our hair is the same?"

"Naughty lie!" She points an accused finger at me.

"I am not lying, I am your daddy."

"You say-"

"That's enough from you." I stand up, looking down at the 4 year old.

"But-" she burst into more tears, covering her face immediately.

"Do you want to go on the naughty step?" I threaten.

"No, please."

"Please who?"

"Zayn."

I take her small hand, bringing her over to the steps and seating her down on the second top one.

"It is rude to call me Zayn, it's daddy for you. Now I'll be downstairs, I will come to you in five minutes and you better be a good girl by then." I scold her. Her cheeks go pink, her hands covering her eyes.

I take her plate down, leaving her sat on the steps. Once I made it back into the living room, Perrie was scrolling through her phone, but she locked it as soon as she saw me.

"Lets continue?" She smirked, her lips curling.

We were soon laid down on the sofa, Perrie's lipstick probably transferred onto me. I let out a sigh of relief, my hand stroking her blonde locks. This was how it was supposed to be, her and I, me and her; no distractions.

"I'm so glad you shut up the little rascal." Perrie murmured, her fingers playing with her engagement ring. I sit up alert, Lucy! Perrie looks at me in confusion as I make my way towards the steps.

"I need to check on her." I tell her, she scowled, slumping back into the sofa.

I rush back up the stairs, to see Lucy had fallen asleep, on the step. I sigh, going up and lifting her up, cradling her to my chest. She was extremely light... and cold! She jostled awake, her eyes widening when seeing me. She struggled in my hold, bursting into tears.