chapter twenty-one.

rose.

Lucy was tucked safely in bed. I told her what happened, and she accepted it quite well, hugging me tightly and telling me she never wanted to leave me again. I told her Zayn would never see her again and she took it alright. There were a few tears but she told me she would be okay. I make my way down to where Carl was in the living room, his arms were folded, an empty beer bottle lay on the table, a fresh one opened.

"You told me you got rid of her."

"I know, she had to come back because Zayn didn't want her."

"I don't want her."

"I know, but-"

"But nothing!" A fist is slammed into my cheek, causing me to gasp loudly, my hand immediately caressing the pain.

"You're a filthy, fücking whore. Why did you get pregnant at fifteen! You slut!" I whimper as he hits me, again and again. When I fall, I am being kicked, his hard boots seemed to crack my bones and bruise my skin, my cries were squeaks as my air is taken out of my lungs.

"This is what you get." He spits on me before leaving.

"There better not be a drop of blood on my carpet!" He shouts, a door slamming until silence.

I fall asleep there, a crumpled heap of pain. I didn't know where the pain was coming from. I didn't know where the blood was coming from. So I cried. I cried long and hard before heaving myself up to the kitchen to grab kitchen towels and clean the blood. Then I make my way up, crying out in pain at each step until I reached my room, stepping in quietly,

"Mummy you okay?" Lucy is crying, her hands shaking at my appearance.

"I'm fine, just go to bed Luce." I smile, but it hurts. She kisses me, and it hurts.

"I love you, so so much." I tell her, a few tears falling. We had to leave, and we had to leave soon.

I don't sleep that night, already awake when Lucy awakes, bringing her down for breakfast. I pretend to not see her look of disappointment when only seeing a slice of bread. I make sure to serve Carl's breakfast when he was in bed, hoping to please him, but no. I get another hit, because Lucy was still here, and a punch to the stomach, for not being good enough. I had cried all my tears, stumbling to my room and grabbing my jacket. I flinch when peeling off my shirt which was stuck to some blood, finding my other shirt and putting it on. I grab my leather jacket, and filled Lucy's backpack with all her things, cramming it all in. I also put my bloodied clothes in as well, hoping to wash them.

"Lets go." I whisper, taking her hand and leaving.

"Where are you going?" I gulp.

"Work."

"Your work doesn't start this early."

"I know, she changed the time." It hurt to talk.

"Okay, I'll be there to pick you up at noon." I nod, holding Lucy's hand tightly before we were out.

"Mummy, where we going?" Lucy asked as I rush her, my limping not helping at all.

"Do you know where the other boys live? We'll ask them for a lift and we'll find a new place. I have a few notes from Sandra. I need to quit work today, he'll find me."

"Louis live that way!" She points ahead, soon guiding the way. I had to trust her, hoping and praying she knew where we were going.

-*-

"Are you sure it's his house?" I ask her, looking up at the relatively big house.

She nodded frantically. "We come here and we play game."