chapter twenty-two.

zayn.

"Where is she Louis, you must know where she is." I demand him once Carl had stormed out my house.

"I can't tell you," he frowned, causing me to glower.

"She's at your place isn't she? Where else could she be, I'm going over."

"No! You'll upset her, you've already expressed you don't want her in your life, give it a break!"

"I was just angry, please just let me see my own daughter."

"Tomorrow. I'll let her stay a night." He ponders aloud.

"Thank you Louis, you're a life saver." I pay my best mates shoulder.

"Be careful though, Rose got beat up pretty bad."

"What?"

"She didn't tell me, but she's got blood on her and everything, it's horrible, it's actually leaked out onto her shirt."

I felt anger bubble inside me. Carl was sick, what man beats the woman he supposedly loves? He was absolutely crazy, cold hearted and belonged in a prison. He was the one who forced Rose to steal, he was the one who spent the money Rose had taken from me.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning." I tell him, giving him a farewell before retreating upstairs.

-*-

I ring the doorbell impatiently at Louis' household. Nobody was answering and I was beginning to get pissed off. The door swings open, Louis smiling happily at me, greeting me with a man hug. I enter straight away, following Louis into the kitchen.

"Who was at the do-" her fork dropped to her plate, the sound echoing.

"Daddy?" Lucy uttered, looking at me with a surprised expression, probably matching mine.

Rose' face was bruised, her lip busted and a small cut on her forehead wasn't scabbed over yet. My mind reeled back to when Carl had paid me a visit, rings covering his fingers. I couldn't help but notice the deep bags under her eyes as she watched me warily. Rose stood up immediately, walking out the room leaving Lucy left on the table.

"Mummy." She called, clambering out of the seat and running after Rose.

"Sorry mate." Louis frowned at me, grabbing a mug of tea and taking a sip.

"It's fine, I was expecting worse." I tell him, the thorn was pushing deeper. I follow after them, immediately seeing Rose sat at the sofa, Lucy trying to talk to her.

"Ro, please let me talk."

"You've spoken enough." She answers coldly, eyes fixating on the wall.

"Lucy." I look over at her, hoping for her to listen.

"Daddy say you not want me." She tries to act like Rose, sitting beside her but she burst into tears, burying her face into Rose which causes her to wince.

"I'm sorry Lucy." I frown lifting her up and holding her tightly. She tried to struggle but soon relaxed, I knew how easy it was for her forgive, her tears soaking my shirt.

"Ro, what did he do to you?" I whisper, sitting beside her. She doesn't reply, shifting away from me.

"Shouldn't you be with Perrie?" She asked, her nose scrunching in disgust, small cute wrinkles appearing, making me want to kiss-

Kiss Perrie. My fiancé. The girl I love.

"I got so worried when Carl came over," I change the subject, my hand moving smoothly on Lucy's back.