XVI

I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG I AM SO SORRY I'M HERE I PROMISE I'M NOT DEAD.

ALSO, 32K WHILE I WAS GONE ILY YOU ALL.
Everyone stan acidhalo We need to love and cherish him.

Darryl's POV

The rest of the morning was spent with thorough cuddles and kisses. Neither boy could complain, they were in a trance with each other.

Currently, Darryl was playing with the younger boy's raven colored hair as he laid in his lap. They were watching television, but he couldn't recall what the show was called. He just knew Zak enjoyed it, and that's all he cared about right now.

Suddenly, Zak looked up at his boyfriend. In return, Darryl looked down at him.

"Can we go stargazing?" Zak asked quietly, pointing to the television. Darryl hadn't been paying attention, so when he looked up he noticed the show Zak was watching was playing a camping episode. The main characters were laying on a blanket under the stars on a large hill.

Darryl chuckled, caressing Zak's cheek.

"Of course we can, you muffin."

Zak smiled, sitting up and hugging Darryl. The older boy hugged him back, pulling him closely into his body.

"What color are stars?" He heard Zak mumble, so he pulled away to look at him.

Darryl pondered for a moment before responding, "I'm not too sure. They could just be white, but maybe they're yellow? I haven't really looked at them."

Zak nodded, taking his answer as enough. He laid back down, resting his head back in Darryl's lap. The older boy continued to play with his hair, softly running his fingers along Zak's scalp.

The younger boy soon drifted off to sleep, which left Darryl stuck.

He didn't want to get up and disturb Zak, since he was sleeping so peacefully. Still, he didn't want to sit there and do nothing.

He tried to lean forward and reach the remote from the coffee table, but his hand was too far away. He didn't want to crush Zak's head when he leaned, so he stopped trying. Instead, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and starting searching.

Darryl typed into google, "Best places to stargaze near me." Google immediately asked to know his location, which he allowed. He scrolled through a few websites, which listed scenic parks and nature trails not far from them.

He wanted to go tonight, since Zak had to work the next day and would be too tired afterward.

After a few minutes of scrolling and clicking on links, he found the perfect place. It was about 20 minutes away from them, and it had a nice nature trail that led to a large hill clearing that opened up to the town below. Darryl had never heard of it before, but now that he had he was excited to go.

 Darryl had never heard of it before, but now that he had he was excited to go