Cutie11:28pm:
Wanted to make it hard for you :P

Darryl thought his use of emojis was cute, it didn't seem like something the brown eyed boy would use often. He felt special.

He decided to wait until he was home to send another message, since he wanted to send Zak a picture of his dog. He really loved his dog.

The ride was only about 5 more minutes, so he took the time to open his camera roll. He found the photo Zak took in his deleted folder and recovered it. Once it was recovered, he set the photo as his homescreen background instead of just his lock screen. He wanted to see it at all times, not just when he turned on his phone.

Soon, the car pulled up and the driver turned to look back at Darryl, letting him know they arrived. He thanked her, giving her a cash tip since he put his card in to pay online, and then he climbed out. He made sure to give her a 5 star rating on the app as he walked to his apartment complex.

Darryl used to share an apartment with his older brother, who recently moved out. Since then, he's been on his own with his little dog he liked to call a rat.

He made his way inside of the red brick building, heading to the elevator. He lived on the 7th floor, so he didn't usually take the stairs.

The elevator doors opened and he headed in, hitting the 7. The whole time, he was just waiting to text Zak back.

He felt his phone buzz in his pocket, but he didn't check it yet. He waited until he was in his apartment, shutting the door behind him. Darryl grabbed his phone out of his pocket, unlocking it to see another message from Zak.

Cutie11:38pm:
Why didn't you respond :( did you die

Darryl chuckled, clicking on the text line to respond.

Darryl 11:38pm:
Sorry, wanted to get home first. You'd know if I died, silly.

Cutie11:39pm:
I know, but I got scared

Darryl smiled at his phone, thinking it was cute that Zak was worried about him. He called over his dog, crouching down to pet her when she came running over. He pet her for a few seconds before he pulled out his phone and snapped a photo of her.

He sent the photo, along with a caption.

Darryl 11:40pm:
Someone else is happy I'm home too!

His phone vibrated almost instantly.

Cutie11:40pm:
OHMYGOD IS THAT YOUR DOG ITS SO CUTE I WANT IT!

Darryl laughed again, he couldn't help but notice Zak was making him smile nonstop. He wanted to keep smiling.

Darryl 11:41pm:
Yeah, that's my little rat. You could meet her sometime.

He didn't quite know why he said that, he didn't want Zak to take it as an invite in case it felt like he was being too forward. He didn't want to scare him away, he was already on his second chance.

Zak's POV (Told you it was a long one)

Zak was laying on his bed like a teenage girl in high school. He was laying on his stomach, his phone clutched tightly in his hand. his legs were bent with his feet swinging up in the air. He had a blanket pulled across his body, hiding his face in a pillow.

He was currently squealing like a little girl, too. He sounded like Callie talking to her boyfriend on the phone.

Zak was clutching his phone close to his chest, his eyes shut tight in excitement. He didn't know why he was so excited, he was just extremely happy that Darryl said he could meet his dog.