Thinking (Bonus chapter)

Start from the beginning

You pull out some ingredients and begin to make pancakes. You make enough to satisfy the appetite of both RWBY and JNPR, as well as your own. Right as you flip the last pancake, Ren walks in.

(Y/N): Don't worry Ren! I took the liberty of preparing breakfast for both of our teams!

Ren: Oh! Uh... thank you. And the heart shaped pancakes?

(Y/N): Well, who else could those be for?

Ren: Oh, I see. Good luck with that and thanks for the pancakes. I didn't get much sleep last night, and I need to be well rested to make a satisfying breakfast, so this helps a lot.

(Y/N): Ah, that's why you don't let Nora have sweets before bed.

Ren: I couldn't stop her. She wouldn't let up...

His face expression changes to one of fear.

(Y/N):...right... Well, enjoy the pancakes!

You grab the plate of heart shaped pancakes and put some cool hwip on the top. You made sure that these pancakes were prepared with chocolate chips. You walked into the RWBY dorm and climb up into Ruby's bed. You shake Ruby slightly.

(Y/N): Morning sleepyhead!

Ruby: Hmmm... I don't wanna...

(Y/N): I made you chocolate chip pancakes!

Ruby: Ooh!

She quickly sits up and looks over at you. You give her the plate and hand her some utensils. She takes them and begins to eat the pancakes.

(Y/N): So, do you like the pancakes?
Ruby: (Mouth full) I lov em!

(Y/N): Come on, Rubes, don't talk with your mouth full.

Ruby: I cand helb it!

(Y/N): You know what? I'm just glad you like em.

Ruby: (Swallows pancakes) You didn't have too make me any, ya know.

(Y/N): Yeah, but I thought this could help make things up since you were still mad at me.

Ruby: For what?

(Y/N): For nearly killing myself again and again yesterday.

Ruby: Well, I was. You just worry me a lot, you know that?

I hug Ruby and she hugs me back, only her grip on me is tighter.

(Y/N): I know, and I'm sorry.

Ruby: It's... okay, just make sure you don't ever do anything that reckless again. Got it?

(Y/N): I got it. Scratch that, I promise.

Ruby: You'd better. I just... I love you so much. I can't see you get hurt again.

(Y/N): And you won't. Unless I get hurt during the tournament, which, by the way, we actually got Ironwood to give us one of his drones to join the team we fight during the tournament. He says he had his engineers add some... adjustments to it. This never happened in the show, so this will actually be an interesting fight.

Ruby: Awesome!

(Y/N): So, uh... What do you wanna do today?

Ruby: I'm not sure. Did you fix your weapon?

(Y/N): No, I made a new one. I uh... can't exactly fix Destiny's Ward out of a single shard from the blade.

Ruby: So what'd you do with that piece?

(Y/N): Wouldn't you like to know?

Ruby: Yes, that's kinda why I asked.

(Y/N): You'll find out someday. I ordered some parts and assembled a new weapon. Nothing too fancy, just the same thing as before, just better, I guess.