Trouble Maker

Arthur Morgan, Ginny Clark

Arthur watched Ginny as she stepped out of the Rhodes general store, a parcel tucked under her arm. She put her hat back on before she stepped off the boardwalk into the red dusty road. She spotted Arthur leaned against the gunsmiths. She smiled and waved before making her way over. Ginny pushed the parcel into Arthur's arms and reached in, pulling out a can of peaches.

"I got you a can of those peaches you like so much," she said, putting it in his hand before tucking her thumbs behind the buckle of gun belt.

"Ya shouldn't have," he chuckled, reading the label with a smile. "You could have gotten yourself something instead." Ginny smiled and pulled out a pack of premium cigarettes.

"I did," she said, grinning as she pulled out a smoke and put one between her lips. Arthur smiled and put an arm around Ginny's shoulder as she pulled the cigarette card out, showing it to Arthur. "Do you know what I'm supposed to do with these," she asked, and Arthur shrugged.

"I guess you could sell them," he said as he lead her over to their horses down the street.

"What are you doing here Yank?" The words made Ginny look over her shoulder at a man in a confederate jacket. He looked like he hadn't been sober in days, but Arthur was doing his best to ignore the man, continuing to pull Ginny up the street. But he was persistent. "Don't ignore me, boah," he barked, continuing to follow the pair of outlaws.

Ginny was irritated, the man's voice grating her nerves as he tailed them. She hated the way most of these Southern boys treated everyone. A group of them had jumped Lenny and tried to string him up, but her and Sadie weren't to far off and were lucky enough to get to him before they did to much damage.

Arthur and Ginny were almost to their horses when the man spoke again.

"That's right Yankee! Take your whore and get the fuck out of my state!" Ginny pulled herself from Arthur and flicked her cigarette away, spinning to face the man. He had a shit eating grin on his face, making her hands shake with anger,

"Wanna run that by me again," she growled, taking a threatening step towards him. She watched his grin falter, and she took another step towards me. "Do you?"

"I said 'get out of my town'. You're puttin' ideas in peoples heads. Changing our way of life!" His eyes darted around the street as if he was looking for help. He turned to Arthur who had stopped when Ginny pulled away. "You should put your bitch on a leash, or at least teach her to show a man some respect. Before she gets you in trouble."

Arthur shook his head and stepped back as Ginny cocked her fist back. The man was laid out on his back in the middle of the road, blood pouring from his nose. Ginny wiped her hand down her jeans, cleaning the blood off her knuckles. She pulled out a fresh cigarette and lit it, putting it between her lips. She turned back towards her horse, not missing the smirk on Arthur's face.

"You may get me in trouble," Arthur chuckled, "but at least you can get me out of it too."

"Get on your horse Morgan," she laughed, shaking the pain out of her hand.