Chapter Six: Ghost High?

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Both of us," Tucker corrected, raising an eyebrow as Danny rolled his eyes with a nod.

"Anyway, me and Tuck gotta go. I believe we don't have classes in the morning so we'll see you at lunch, right?" she asked, smiling sadly as her ghost friend nodded, smiling back.

"Yup," he said, stopping right in front of Mr. Lancer's class. "But the best thing is that I'm not even late-"

Before Danny could continue his sentence, he was interrupted by the screams of students in the hallway of Casper High.

"Why'd you jinx it?" Sam groaned as Tucker chuckled but gave a sad smile, placing his backpack on the floor and pulling out the Fenton thermos.

Danny looked around, noticing how many had left the hallway they were standing in. In the distance, Danny could see a blurry figure... At first, he thought it was Skulker back to terrorize him with another dangerous gadget, but as the ghost ̶w̶a̶l̶k̶e̶d̶ floated further, his appearance started to become recognizable.

Blue face, overalls with a dark blue matching hat and gloves, and the same old phrase. Of course. Who else would it be? The perfect ghost to get on anyone's nerves. Especially on a Monday morning. Why did that stuff always occur on Monday anyway? Was it a cursed day or something?

"Beeware!! I am the booox ghoost!!" The ghost wooed in the most ghostly cliché haunt to be ever heard. Danny knew the voice too well by now. He sighed tiredly, noting that he might not even need to transform to his ghost half. So he motioned to Tucker who was holding Fenton thermos and nodded, telling him to aim it at the ghost already.

Tucker understood the task and aimed at the annoying ghost before blasting the bright blue laser and sucking him into the thermos. Danny rolled his eyes and thanked his friend before walking back to his English class.

He didn't even notice that the bell had actually rang and that everyone was in their seats, including Mr. Lancer who was looking a bit annoyed. 

"Ah, Mr. Fenton. What is it this time?" the teacher asked frustrated, holding an old book (presumably one of Shakespeare's). 

'So I guess even Mr. Lancer hates Mondays too. What do you know?' Danny thought to himself, resisting the urge to break into a grin. And here he thought there were no similarities between himself and his teacher.

"Uh, I ran into a kid that wanted my attention and it took me a long time to get him what he wanted. It's fine now, he won't bother me again," Danny said, using a poor but workable excuse. The now annoyed teacher sighed, but didn't pry further, gesturing the pupil to his seat.

"Don't repeat it again, understood?" Mr. Lancer warned, tired of Danny's excuses as the half-ghost nodded, mumbling a quick 'yes' and walking over to his desk.

Danny really hoped today would go smoother and that it would just be a normal day. But he had a feeling that it was going to be far more than normal.

[[[ [[[ [[[

"Fenton!" the familiar voice yelled out, flooding the school hallways.

'Oh no, not again.'

"Great, I'm about to get fried," Danny grumbled to himself as Sam raised an eyebrow.

"What did you do to him this time?" she asked, Tucker listening along.

"Nothing! I did absolutely nothing! I was just minding my own business when I stepped on gum that Dash purposely placed beside my desk chair and when I tried getting it out, I accidentally pulled too hard and ended up pushing Dash's desk from behind. Which fortunately stubbed his toe," he truthfully explained, snickering a little. Karma really was the best thing sometimes.