Secrets

Kaneki felt Loki start to chuckle and tightened his kagune more around his chest.

"Get up and let's go, we've wasted enough time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ride back was, to put it lightly, awkward. They had climbed back onto the aircraft, and were headed back to the helicarrier. Kaneki sat in his original position with Hide beside him. Despite Loki being cuffed, Kaneki left his kagune tightly wrapped around the God, to keep from someone trying to take him again. Steve and Tony sat awkwardly in the back with the hulking blonde that tried to take Loki not five minutes before.

Kaneki sighed and shook his head, tired.

What a day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They made it back to the Helicarrier without issue and Natasha with a few guards took Loki to his cell. The Avengers watched them leave, Loki shooting a smug look in his direction. Kaneki couldn't help but feel uneasy.

This mission had gone too smoothly. Considering that Loki had broken into a top secret government facility and escaped unharmed, he could've easily run while they were fighting. It was also odd how cooperative Loki was being as well. Though what was most disturbing was the look he gave Bruce when he walked by.

Kaneki was drawn out of his thoughts seeing the rest of his team split off in other directions. He saw that the tall blonde was standing off to the side. Hide, seeing the opportunity, proceder to drag his friend to talk to him.

"Hello! My names Hideyoshi Nagachika, you can just call me Hide, and this is my friend Ken Kaneki."

The blonde looked taken aback at Hide's forward attitude. On the other hand, Kaneki gave his friend a glare, starting a silent arguement between his friend.

What are you thinking! We know nothing about this guy, he could be working with Loki for all we know.

Hide quirked his eyebrow.

Well, how else are we supposed to get to know him?

Kaneki pinched the bridge of his nose, shaking his head, then looking back.

You're missing the point here..

Thor watched the exchange with confusion, deciding to interrupt the two. He coughed unceremoniously, the pair's heads snapping in his direction.

"I am Thor Odinson, of Asgard."

Hide smiled big, nudging his friend in the ribs. Kaneki glared at him weakly, then bowed slightly at Thor.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Ken Kaneki, you can call me Kaneki."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hide and Thor hit off pretty well, Hide talking excitedly and Thor listening intently. After a few minutes, Kaneki thought it best to split off and find another one of his teammates. Hide was right, he needed to get more comfortable around them, they'll be watching each others backs after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He wandered around the Helicarrier, looking for another of the Avengers. After looking for a few minutes, Kaneki spotted Tony and Bruce tracking the Tesseract. As he was going to drop in and try and have a proper conversation with the pair, he froze.

"-Fury isn't the only one with a few skeletons in his closet."

Tony paused, looking at the files on the screen. Kaneki felt a sense of dread work its way up his spine.

"And it looks like you're not the only monster on this ship Banner."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaneki felt his throat close up and jaw drop in horror, blood rushing through his ears. He was starting to panic.

Tony knew he knew his secret and he had no right to. Kaneki hadn't told anyone for a reason. For how little he knew the Avengers, he didnt know how they'd react to having someone who eats human flesh working with them. And it likely wouldn't be good. Fury and Natasha only knew because they were the ones that recruited him, and Hide had read his memories and seen him eat before. If the rest of the team found out, none of them would want to be anywhere near him.

Kaneki found his voice and yelled desperately to Tony, leaping into the room.

"NO TONY, STOP-"

He crashed into the room and slammed into the opposite wall, misjudging the momentum he put into his legs. The action would've been considered comedic, had he not been so desperate.

Bruce and Tony were, to say the least, surprised. Kaneki was a quiet and mostly reserved person, but there he was, tripping over himself to make Tony shut his big mouth. After Kaneki recollected himself, he shot like a bullet to the arrogant billionaire, pinning him to the cold metal floor.

Kaneki spoke to him, almost growling, teeth gnashing at his pinned figure.

"Whatever you saw on my file, if you say a word of it to someone else, I will fix that blabbering mouth for you."

Tony looked two cents short of terrified. To his credit, Tony looked almost calm for someone being threatened and restrained by a man-eater that could kill him with a flick of his wrist.

Bruce shook himself out of his stupor and went to defuse the situation. Fortunately for him, Steve took that moment to waltz into the room with a large firearm in his hands. Unfortunately for Kaneki, he was still pinning Tony to the ground, staring him down.

"Kaneki!? What are you doing!!?"

Kaneki turned toward Steve grimacing, still having Tony on the floor under him.

"He was sticking his nose where it doesn't belong,"

He looked back to glare at Tony.

"And some things are just better left unsaid."

Bruce stood, moving slowly, speaking as if to not scare a cornered animal. Not that it's far from the truth.

"Look, sure Tony had no right to dig into your past. Everyone has secrets and they deserve the privacy and right to tell who they want.

I'm sure Tony won't tell anyone, let's jus calm down and figure this out like civilized people."

Kaneki glared hard at the billionaire again, slowly climbing from on top of him. Steve seemed to grasp the situation. Kaneki got mad at Tony because he saw something he shouldn't have. He made a mental note to not make the albino mad.

"The real question is, why was S.H.I.E.L.D trying to make weapons with the Tesseract."

Steve threw the gun in his hand onto a metal table. The others in the room looked shocked at the weapon, save for Tony. Kaneki glanced at something to the side if Steve and then back to him.

"Why don't we ask Fury himself..

We might as well, he's right behind you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ta daaaa

New chapter, yay!

This one took a little longer than I expected lol, but I hope yall enjoyed it

Comment any questions or anything you want

See yall again soon~