Coming to Terms

"Is there another me in this dimension..?"

Hide, who hadn't been expecting the question, looked surprised, and then sad. He said just two pain filled words.

"There was."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaneki stared at his friend in shock and voiced the unspoken question.

"How?"

Hide dodged eye contact with his albino friend.

"Well.. to say it simply.. in a car accident.

Sounds cliche doesnt it? A drunk driver was speeding and didnt slow down enough to dodge the pedestrians walking across the street.

Me and you. Though you looked very different. Black hair, grey eyes, and no kind of powers whatsoever."

He shifted uncomfortably, glancing every once-in-a-while before looking away again, nervous.

"We were arguing about weather books or movies were better. It was stupid, but we were having fun. It was our turn to cross but as I walked in front of you, I saw the headlights coming straight at me. And for some reason, you decided to pull me out of the way and get hit instead of me.

You died soon after. I was in shock for a long time. That was a few years ago."

Hide laughed, giving his friend a close eyed grin.

"And then you come back only for me to find you broken, and I don't know how to fix it."

Kaneki found a small smile crawl onto his face, nudging his friend on the shoulder, before adopting a sad look of his own.

"Well, I guess we're the same in that sense.."

Hide studied him, not understanding.

"I said that before I came here, I was fighting at a CCG raid."

Hide nodded.

"Well, during the fight, I had been badly injured and was bleeding out. You, in your CCG uniform, dragged an SS rated ghoul off the battlefield. It was then that I found out you'd joined the CCG to try and find me after I'd disappeared.

You took me back to Anteiku and made me some coffee while I healed as best I could.

Unfortunately, you were mortally wounded during the fight, and bled out. Anteiku was burning down around us, so I picked you up, and tried to take you home.

But as I was going to fight Arima, I got sucked into that portal to New York."

Hide stared at Kaneki, completely flabbergasted. Kaneki rubbed the back of his neck, shy.

"That's why I was so shell shocked when I saw you. I thought you were gone for good, haha.."

Hide slowly shook his head side to side, wide eyed. Kaneki leaned forward again curiously.

"So how did you end up in S.H.I.E.L.D.?"

Hide shrugged nonchalantly.

"I caught Fury's eye I guess. My skill set is pretty hard to come by." He said snickering.

Kaneki tilted his head in a silent question.

"Ah! Do you remember when we were in Chicago storming that warehouse and you went off before you blacked out?"

Kaneki nodded slowly, not understanding why this was relevant.

"Well, if I touch you, I can make you feel certain emotions, like fear, joy, anger. In your case, I made you calm enough to fall asleep when you ran into me. I can also see memories, like a movie."

Kaneki was impressed. His Kakuja form is pretty much incapable of control and nearly impossible to stop.

"Its a useful power, but that also means I'm the last line of defense against the hulk."

Hide leaned in closer to kaneki, like a five year old telling a secret.

"This is just between you and me.. but the Hulk is scaaarrryyyy."

Kaneki couldn't help himself. Hide's pure childish antics tickled him. It started off as a snicker, and turned into both of them bending over laughing as old friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During their reminiscing, the pair almost forgot about the fact that a powerful alien artifact was stolen effortlessly from them. Fury came back to the helicarrier, calling a meeting of all the Avengers in fifteen minutes. Hide left to get ready, and Kaneki, understanding the urgency of the situation, quickly changed into a shirt and leggings that S.H.I.E.L.D had provided and zipped his grinning mask.

He entered the meeting room to see Hide and a few of the other Avengers already there. He didnt know any of his team members very well. Or at all really. Cap was already there, much to a certain agents delight. Soon following Kaneki came in Tony, also in casual clothes. Then came in Bruce and Natasha. Fury started the meeting, seeing everyone come in, and threw down a file with different photos.

"As you may have heard, a S.H.I.E.L.D base was attacked and the Tesseract was stolen, and two of my best men were brainwashed.

Here at S.H.I.E.L.D, were looking through security cameras all over the world, trying to find him.

Bruce is not here to fight, only to track the Tessaract.

As for the rest of you, be ready to leave in a moments notice. Were going to need you at your best to take them down."

Kaneki looked at the photo of the 'god' Loki. He was dressed in green and gold with dark, short, hair. He didnt look like much in a fight, but looks can be decieving. Kaneki stood up ready to leave. By this time, everyone but Hide had already left the room.

Hide was standing by the door, a mischievous grin lopsided on his face.

"Yo Kaneki! I got a surprise for ya."

Kaneki, rolling his eyes at his friend, walked with him to the armory.

The room was lined with different rifles, pistols, and other weapons and uniforms for the S.H.I.E.L.D agents. Hide led them to a separate annex of the armory where the Avengers attire was held.

They walked up to a panel on the side and Hide tapped a few numbers, activating something in the wall. The wall opened to show Kaneki's battle suit. The one he arrived in coming to New York. It looked mostly the same, black leather with white highlights here and there.

"I tried to keep the main look there. All that really changed was the material. The cloth has steel and carbon fibers woven in to help have more protection and so it wont tear as much."

Kaneki turned and smiled at his friend gratefully behind his mask.

"Thanks Hide, I appreciate it."

Kaneki changed into his black suit, ready and waiting for the inevitable clash with Loki.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Done with another chapter 😆

I hope yall enjoyed, and I apologize of some of the plot doesnt completely match up with the movie

I havent seen the movie in a while, and I'm also too lazy to take the time to see it 😂

So yea! Comment or PM any mistakes or whatever's on your mind

Have a good day and see ya soon~