Chapter 20: Up the Beach

Start from the beginning

(The Vikings on their longship. Runa is at the left while Siv is seen in the middle.)

As the commander of the Samurai garrison watch the Viking fleet loom closer, he prepares himself for battle, not willing to go down without a fight.

Fujikiyo: "Yumi-tai! Hanate! (Archers! Fire!)" He orders and his Nobushi second ready to signal his commands, the archers complying by loosing their fire arrows.

A Shugoki signals the catapult to launch, and soon enough the dark and stormy skies were lit up by fire

A Shugoki signals the catapult to launch, and soon enough the dark and stormy skies were lit up by fire. The Vikings were nonetheless unpleasantly surprised by this.

Warlord: "Brace!" A Warlord shouts to his comrades behind him.

A flaming boulder strikes one of the longships, destroying it and sending shockwaves on all directions that caused several Vikings to fall into the water. Arrows shot down more of their comrades as Siv, who is in one of the longships regains her footing and started banging on the wardrum to signal the rest of the fleet to sail faster.

The Samurai archers loose their arrows once more and shot more Vikings who were unfortunate. The longships were closing in fast, but the Samurai are not so easily defeated. Imperial Shugoki pull large chains that lead up to the waters. Large wooden stakes rose from the raging waters and destroyed a few more longships. Some were able to breach the stake wall and come closer to the beaches.

Warlord: "Ready your weapons!"

The Shugoki operating the defenses in front retreat as the longships crash through the barricades without issue; the storm seeming to favor the invaders with an ominous lightning strike foreshadowing what is to come. It was time.

Rowan: "To the gates!" The Raider leading the first wave shouts, jumping off his longship. "I welcome you all!"

The Vikings storm through the barricades as Samurai catapults and archers continue to rain down fire on them. Rowan joins the assault, evading arrows as he does.