Jiwoo pulled up her chair to Hyewon's desk.

"You know?" she whispered, one hand covering the space between their close faces.

"Know what?" Hyewon furrowed her brow in confusion.

"Miyun's attack on Sakura and Daeman? It's all over school," Jiwoo said.

Hyewon nodded acknowledgingly. She scrolled through Instagram and Twitter with a bored expression until Sakura pulled up too.

"So is everyone just going to pretend she doesn't exist now?" Sakura asked, tapping on Spotify. She plugged an earbud in, the other hanging above her lap as she leaned over lazily.

"I guess..." Hyewon mumbled.

Sakura looked at Miyun under the guise of leaning and resting her head on Hyewon's shoulder.

Red streaks in dark hair, falling over a fairly pretty face. Shoulders covered by the school blazer which she used to tie around her hips. Eyes glued to her phone screen. No circle of friends, no loud laughter.

She let out a small sigh and said softly, "Don't you pity her, though? All because of only one person, she has no friends now..."

"Don't blame yourself," Jiwoo snorted. "She had it coming the second she started picking on you."

Hyewon nodded in agreement, although a small twinge of pity twisted in her chest.

Eunbi walked in with an announcement: "Professor Kim has requested you all make a mind map regarding your school trip next week."

A girl stuck her hand up. "Elaborate please?"

Eunbi cleared her throat softly. "Make a mind map of what you're going to do during the trip regarding the goal of it."

Jiwoo pulled out a drawing pad. She flipped to a new page and tapped the end of a mechanical pencil on the paper.

Hyewon unzipped her pencil case and brought a pen over. She scrawled a point down and passed the pad to Sakura.

Sakura looked at it for a while. She recalled her previous idea from the day the whole group had been discussing together and wrote it down with Hyewon's pen.

"Miyun," Hyewon called out. There, again, was the soft inviting voice. "We have to discuss it as a group. Daeman isn't here, so we only have four members. Sit here," she said, gesturing to a space beside Jiwoo.

Reluctantly, and not without a subtle noise of annoyance, Miyun grabbed a pencil, dragged her chair to beside Jiwoo, and sat lazily with her elbows on the desk.

"I see you're missing a member," Eunbi said, stopping behind Hyewon. "I should lend a hand here."

Hyewon hoped Eunbi would go away, because she did not need it right now.

But to her dismay, Eunbi brought over the teacher's chair and sat between her and Sakura. She let out a groan inwardly.

"You know about Daeman, don't you?" Hyewon whispered.

Eunbi coughed. "You talk a lot about stuff that happens in school when you're drunk."

Hyewon reddened, remembering the wine from the previous night. She rolled her eyes. "Fair enough."

Sakura chuckled beside her and playfully pelted Hyewon with light punches.

"Can I see that?" Eunbi said, taking the drawing pad from Jiwoo. "Oh. This isn't bad!"

Hyewon beamed. Jiwoo drank it in, because happy eye-smile Hyewon was not common. She gaped, lipstick-less mouth open. Hyewon reached out and closed it with her fingertips before grinning at Eunbi.

Miyun said suddenly, monotone, "Write down we could get rid of unwanted creatures."

She picked a flake of polish off her thumbnail.

Sakura stopped breathing, stopping mid-inhale.

Eunbi glared at her and her lips parted. Hyewon sensed it and squeezed her thigh under the desk as a warning.

She exchanged looks with Hyewon, and, defeated, she sighed. "You're supposed to find ways to save the wildlife, not kill them," she grunted.

Sakura exhaled in relief. Hyewon pat her back.

...

The school day blew by faster than they expected.

Hyewon and Sakura headed to the door to leave, bookbag and backpack slung over their shoulders, when Eunbi almost tripped Hyewon with her stuck-out foot.

Hyewon frowned and shot Eunbi a look. Sakura shot them both a puzzled stare.

Eunbi had meant to. "Stay back, I gotta say something," she whispered urgently as a boy rushed by.

...

"What did you want to say?" Sakura asked, sitting down on a desk in the vacant classroom. She swayed her legs leisurely.

"Miyun isn't the hunter," Eunbi said. It was almost a whisper, doubt hitching her breath.

"Then why is her name in the records?" Hyewon asked, raising her voice. "It- it can't be! Yujin got her uncle and everything! Miyun-"

"Yea, that's why I came to substitute," Eunbi muttered grimly. "This morning Yujin got a call from Tae-i."

Sakura froze. Her legs stopped swinging.

"Her name is in, but she's not working there. Someone else is working under her name." Eunbi clasped her hands together anxiously.

"Well, then, that isn't a problem. If it isn't Miyun, Kkura is safe, and-"

"No, no!" Eunbi grit her teeth and her intertwined hands clenched. "Listen. Song Miyun's family is an extremely hidden family from society; only her father's face and name is known, and that's only because he's a doctor in a big ass hospital.

"No one else knows the name Song Miyun except for this class and Professor Kim, and that old idiot's history according to Tae-i is comprised of working as an accountant and a teacher.

"Put the pieces together, Kang Hyewon! Miyun isn't the hunter!"

"So..." Beads of sweat collected on Hyewon's upper lip. "That would mean..."

"Someone else in this class is after Sakura," Eunbi said angrily.

Sakura's blood froze.

Her arms trembled and the world swayed.

"Sakura!"

She slumped off the desk.

The world swirled into a blur, and then she saw nothing more.

...

A/N yall like the plot twist?