Chapter 2

Flashback - Three Years Ago

Kenenisa punched the bag with extra vigor while Keyton watched with dull interest. "What did that thing ever do to you?" The mocha skinned girl shook her head, too winded for words. He nodded and grabbed his Feridrone on the table, checking its gauges and ammo but then got tired of that.

They needed to talk.

"Nisa its not the director's fault." Keyton said just to get SOME response from his girlfriend. Nisa could be cold and unmanageable when upset.

"Not his fault?!?! Not his fault?!?!? Zagra knows we were taking this season off! It's not as if he couldn't of found some other squad! I swear Keyton, he hates us being together!"

Keyton ran his fingers through his hair tiredly. He knew Zagra was prejudice, Heck, all of the division knew that, but an order was an order. So who was he to say no to the director?

"You remember what we said, Keyton: no more hunting Grumanos for a while and -" Nisa stopped herself at the sudden movement of her boyfriend, who wrapped his arms softlyaround her waist and let his square chin rest on the top of her head.

"This is the last mission of the season. I promise." He kissed the side of her forehead as she scowled in submission and waved him off.

"Yeah, yeah. Just make sure you keep your promises." Nisa turned around and hugged his middle.

~

Maybe ifKenenisa knew that this would be their last mission, she would of kissed Keyton one more time.

Perhaps if Kenenisa knew this would be the last time she ever saw him again, she would of told his she loved him one more time.

Possibly, If Kenenisa knew a lot of the things at the time, she would of done many things differently.

But Kenenisa didn't know this was their last mission. His last mission, more importatnly.

So she didn't.