“Is everything alright?” He asks, accent thick.

“I don’t know.” I shrug. He frowns and follows Harry into the bedroom.

I plop down on the couch watching whatever Zayn had on, before Louis walks out my bedroom door. He sits down next to me, the heat from his body radiating onto me. His hand finds their way into mine, and this time, I welcome it. “From what I can tell, you’ll be sleeping with me again tonight. Zayn’s practically ignoring me right now.” He says looking down at his lap. I study his sad face and how familiar it is. We’re both going through the same thing right now. I slip my hand out of his, my arms then wrapping around his torso and my face digging into his neck. He returned the embrace, unlike me earlier.

When we lean back, our eyes lock and I glance from eye to beautiful eye, the gorgeous deep sea color making me drown. I kiss his cheek lightly, then guiding him to our bedroom.

“Let’s take a nap, shall we?” I smile.

“Yes we shall.” He smiles back.

We both slip off our shoes and change into only sweatpants, suitable for sleeping. I hop on the bed and over the covers, followed by Louis. I’m face down in the covers as his warm arm wraps around my waist. I fall asleep in peace; worry-free.

Wednesday

When I walk into the kitchen that morning, Zayn is there eating some cereal. Cheerios to be exact. He nods up at me, not really smiling or making any kind gesture at all. I grab an apple like yesterday, biting through the red skin and into the juicy crisp fruit. Harry comes walking in a minute or two later, kissing Zayn on the lips and smiling, then going to the fridge without even acknowledging my presence. He sits in the seat next to Zayn, flirting with him until I leave the room.

That day, the car ride is silent. Back and forth; to and from. When we get home, Zayn is waiting at the door, clearly for Harry. They start practically making out, and walk slowly into his room, leaving me hanging my coat up alone and un-wrapping my scarf from my neck. I hear Louis walk out of my room, making me turn towards him. He slowly walks up to me, smiling faintly. It seems as though he’s always sad now. Without Zayn he’s incomplete, like he’s missing a vital part of himself. But then again, I am too.

“Hi…” He whispers, looking down.

“Hey, Lou. How are you?” I ask gently grabbing his hands.

“Okay, I guess.” He says his sad eyes meeting mine now.

“I’m sorry. Do you wanna talk?” I ask softly.

He just nods and I lead him to our bedroom. I sit him down on the bed, still holding his hands and sitting down next to him. “What’s wrong?”

I watch his lips start trembling and his eyes start to get wetter. He starts crying slowly, then rapidly progressing to weeping. “Zayn doesn’t love me…”

I grab him and hug him tight, feeling him return the embrace a few seconds later. He cries on my shoulder, soaking my sleeve, but I don’t care. “Don’t say that.” I rub his back soothingly.

“But he doesn’t!” He argued.

“Of course he does. You can’t say that!” I said.

“But I know he doesn’t. He probably loves Harry.” He weeps sadly.

Harry. When Louis says his name, my heart freezes. I gulp leaning back, shaking my head back and forth, telling him he’s wrong but not being able to get any words out. “D-do… do you love… Harry?” He stuttered out.

A tear escaped my eye, travelling slowly down my cold cheek. “I don’t know.”

Louis sweeps the golden blonde hair off of my forehead, combing through it with his fingers and making me sleepy. I was fighting to stay awake, and my eyes were getting heavy. “You’re adorable when you’re tired.” Louis giggles, caressing my face. I moan, too tired to do anything else, and my eyes drift closed for another few seconds. He picks me up, laying me further down the bed. He lays down next to me as I cuddle close to him, wanting his warmth. Louis wraps his strong arms around me, making me feel safe and cozy.