"But why can't they just check on the younger players?" Iris asked as she quickly got dressed.

"It looks like they're singling them out, we're a team so we have to keep things consistent. Plus, I'm a captain so I really have to be there for this. It would set a bad example if I got caught out with my girlfriend late at night before training." I said, taking her hand as we exited her room.

"Why? I'm your girlfriend, not some random fan." She replied, albeit a little frustratedly.

"It's just, it's not a good look for the club. They'll take it to mean that I'm putting sex with you over getting a solid night of sleep for training. Preseason is really important, it sets the tone for the rest of the season." I explained.

"But isn't that exactly what you're doing?" Iris asked as the elevator dinged.

"Oh of course, but they don't need confirmation of that. As long as they think I'm sleeping alone, in my hotel room, before 1am we're all good." I smirked as we stepped in and she cuddled into me.

***

Iris's POV:

Sergio cautiously peeked out of the elevator before I stepped out. "Okay they just went in to check a room we gotta go." He hastily whispered and yanked me with him to his room.

"Hey you two." Iker smirked knowingly from his bed as we entered.

"Hi, Iker." I smiled and walked over to give him a hug. "We gotta hide you before they come check our room." He replied as he released me from a hug.

"Why couldn't I just come down in ten minutes when all these room checks are done?" I asked, it seemed pretty obvious to me.

"Because, they have someone in the coaching staff or they hire security to sit out in the hall to make sure no fans are bothering us and no players are sneaking out." Iker explained.

"Babe let's hide you in the bathroom," Sergio whispered behind me, quietly closing the door.

"I heard they're checking bathrooms now, one of the Castilla players got caught with a girl in there." Iker answered him.

"Shit where can we hide her?" Sergio furrowed his brow as he frantically searched around the room.

"I'll just hide behind your bed, between that and the window." I offered, gesturing to the spot.

Sergio looked unsure and glanced at Iker, scratching his beard. "What do you think dude?" He asked.

"It might work, what if we just make your bed look super messy and we cover her with the pillows and sheets too while she hides there. You know, so you look like a super restless sleeper" Iker replied, moving over to Sergio's bed.

"Yeah that's good, like this." Sergio nodded and removed the sheets and pillows, making a large pile on the floor between his bed and the window.

"Yeah but we have to make it look less conspicuous though, so go into the bathroom and wet your hair and put on a towel like you've just showered." Iker directed and Sergio nodded quickly. I couldn't believe how fast Iker and Sergio thought on their feet. I guess it came with them working together for years, they knew how to anticipate each other's next move.

"Yeah so then when they come in they'll just think I haven't made my bed yet." Sergio said, removing his shirt as he entered the bathroom and closed the door.

"Now you." Iker turned to me, "They should be here in a minute or so, let's get you hidden." He gestured to the big pile of sheets and pillows.

I nodded and burrowed in, doing my best to stay still and flat as I felt Iker rearrange it all on top of me. "If this works, I will be shocked." I mumbled to myself, though I couldn't help the feeling of my heart racing. The idea of getting caught sneaking around with my boyfriend was exhilarating. I would also owe Iker a huge thank you if this all worked out.