CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

Sergio's POV:

Thankfully I was able to get Ana out of my house before Iris arrived, saving me the awkward exchange. I patiently waited for her to arrive as I sat on the island in my kitchen and scrolled through my phone. I was curious as to why she needed a place to stay, but not surprised that she felt comfortable enough to call me.

Sure we had kept things platonic but that didn't mean our friendship suffered. Iris and I had grown very close and it was nice to have another female friend besides Lia.

I heard the doorbell ring, pulling me from my thoughts and causing me to walk to the front door. I greeted Iris with a smile in nothing but my sweatpants. It was late and this is usually what I wore around the house.

"Hey." I simply said, smiling at her. Iris didn't say anything in response, rather she walked in and hugged me tightly. "Hey whoa, are you okay?" I asked, rubbing her back soothingly as I held her, ecstatic to have her in my arms.

"I dumped him." Iris's muffled voice spoke against my chest. I felt my heart race as I listened, unsure if I heard her right.

"What?" I asked confused, and released her from my grip. Iris sniffed slightly, fighting tears and looked at me sheepishly before speaking.

"I broke up with Joey." She mumbled slightly, looking down after she finished.

I stared blankly at her, puzzled as to why she would come to me after this.

"I'm sorry I came over, I couldn't think straight and just thought- well I don't know, but I really didn't know where else to turn." Iris said in a shaky voice, clearly a little nervous. Cautiously she looked up at me again.

I gave her a smile and turned back to the rest of my house, "Well come on then, my house is your house Iris." My voice echoed in the large house, my back now to Iris, hoping she followed. "Can I fix you a drink?"

"Uh yeah, I'll have one. Sergio, you said I wasn't interrupting anything." She said, causing me to stop and turn around again.

I laughed a little, "Because you weren't." I simply stated, walking towards the kitchen as she followed.

"Then why do you have claw marks on your back?" Iris smirked, raising an eyebrow and folding her arms.

I blushed a little as I poured some liquor into a shaker with ice. "I may have had a guest over." I teased the conversation, squeezing lemon into the cup as well.

"Oh my god please tell me I didn't call right in the middle of sex." Iris laughed a little, unable to contain her amusement despite being embarrassed.

Finishing off the rest of the cocktail mixture and capping the shaker I turned to her, "Um actually we hadn't even started that portion." I bit back my smile as I began shaking the drink to mix it properly.

"So I cockblocked you then? Sergio, I didn't mean to, I can leave, is she still here?" Iris hastily asked, upset at her interruption. I turned back to the bar and calmly poured two drinks.

Handing Iris hers, I replied, "You might have maybe cockblocked me, yes." I laughed, bringing the glass up to my lips.

"Fuck I'm sorry." She responded, taking a large sip.

"You didn't know, it's no big deal." I shrugged, sipping my own drink. I caught Iris's eyes scanning the house, checking for another girl.

"I sent her home." I stated, causing Iris to look at me. "If that's what you were looking for, she left about fifteen minutes ago." I added.