|Nine| Pancakes |

(Drawing of Cassie I did, except this is technically her future version so ignore the piercings and short hair,)
@/ where.does.the.sky.end on insta :)

C A S S I E
Friday, June 30th, 2017

The rest of Thursday night went by like any other night. I finally got to unpacking last night, organizing everything in the drawers and closet. The next morning I woke up to a knock on my bedroom door,
"Yello...?" I tiredly replied, rolling over in my bed and squinting at the door. Ethan walked in, still wearing his pyjama pants and a hoodie.
"Wakey wakey," he called out softly.
"What time is it?" I questioned, sitting up in bed.
"Roughly eight, everyone's at work so it's just us and Chica," he informed, leaning against the doorframe.
"Ya got plans for today?" I asked and got out of bed.
"Yeah actually, I was going to do a short livestream on insta while we make breakfast, if your down for that."
"Uh sure, it's not a problem that I'm on camera this soon?"
"Nope! Just don't do anything, y'know..." Ethan trailed off, I gave him an understanding nod.

I started searching for clothes to wear but Ethan stopped me,
"Wait don't change, stay in your pjs, we need the morning aesthetic,"
"Why? I'd like to be at least somewhat presentable,"
Ethan grabbed my hand and pulled me downstairs,
"You are presentable, let's go, I'm hungry and we're making pancakes."
"Wait! At least let me tie up my hair," I gave him a pleading look. He let go of my hand to let me run back to the bedroom and grab a hair tie.
"Kay' ready I guess," I stated once I finished putting up my hair. I was only wearing a large tee that fell down past my thighs with underwear underneath it, but Ethan decided it was fine.

Once in the kitchen we grabbed all the ingredients we needed and propped up his phone against a plant pot on the island counter. I had found a recipe for pancakes for us, and we were ready to go. Before he started the livestream I started getting nervous,
"Okay I know this is just a stupid stream but I'm a bit anxious about it," I told Ethan.
"It's only a couple thousand people, it's not too bad." He attempted to reassure. I gaped,
"I'm sorry, but, couple thousand?! The most people I've been in front of at once was like fifty at most, plus I was in a place where I felt comfortable!" I exclaimed.
"Okay now that I say couple thousand out loud, that is a lot for someone who isn't used to it. You'll be fine. Promise." He rubbed the top of my hand, smiling at me. I glared back,
"Okay fine, let's start."

Ethan started the stream, and we waited for people show up. The chat flooded with greetings along with the repeating question asking who I was.
"Hey guys! Good morning, how are you guys doing?" Ethan greeted. I waved at the camera,
"Hello!" I beamed. Ethan stalled for a couple more minutes before introducing what we were going.
"Alright, Cassie, pull up the recipe so we can get started," He commanded me. "Oh guys! This is our new roommate, Cassie! You'll probably see her around more often," He introduced me, I gave another wave,
"Hi, sorry if I look like shit, this asshole pulled me out of bed literally ten minutes ago to do this," I jokingly frowned. Ethan cheekily grinned at the camera,
"I did. Anyways we are gonna make some pancakes from scratch. I don't cook much so this is probably going to end horribly." He laughed.

"I cook ramen and that's it," I laughed. "But getting to the recipe, we have to mix the dry stuff first, we need two cups of flour," I informed Ethan while I got the sugar ready. As I was doing that, a puff of white powder blew onto the counter, I looked over at Ethan who was holding the handle of a broken plastic measuring cup. He stood staring at the mess of flour that half made it into the bowl, the rest on his clothing, the floor, and counter.
"Ethan..." I sighed, "How. How did you do that. We just started." I couldn't help but laugh as he put his head down in defeat,
"It just...snapped...right off..." He stared in disbelief, then sighed and did his best to start cleaning it up.
"How aggressively were you scooping flour? It's flour!" I exclaimed, wiping the white powder off myself.
"Apparently too aggressively!" He replied with a huff.
"Ethan..." I shook my head once more and helped him out with a wet cloth.
"Stop saying my name condescendingly! I know!" Ethan shouted with a mix of a sob and laugh.