Marcel x Reader

Highschool AU
• • • • •

Another boring week of school had started, y/n didn't want to go at all but of course she had to. But there was even more dread in going this week due to the fact that Valentines Day was this Friday. Y/n didn't have a boyfriend but she always had her eyes on someone quite special to her.

Marcel. They were friends, but not close enough to call eachother best friends. They met during their Freshman year and now they were in their Junior year with little to no progress made. That gave y/n all the right to assume they had no chance with him.

Either way they left to school and as soon as they got there Marcel was with his group of friends. They were also y/n's friends but they didn't like considering themselves part of the group. The boys, Tyler, Evan, Marcel, Brock and Jonathan were all fine as they were. As they thought this the boys called over to them, Marcel being the loudest of course.

"Y/n! Y/n! What the fuck are you doing over there?!" Marcel yelled. The others just laughed at his hyperactivity and looked over as to invite them over. "Sorry I'm just tired and spacey, it's too early for this." Y/n rubbed their head and yawned. "Awww you look like a cute kitty cat." Marcel commented. "Jesus Marcel keep up the remarks and y/n might start thinking you're a creep." Tyler joked, the others just laughed.

Marcel pouted and looked away as he was fake upset. "It's fine Ty, plus I don't want Marcel all moody for the entire day." They responded. Y/n never thought anything of his jokes since he had acted like that since they met eachother.

"See? At least someone in this group can understand my humor." Marcel said before winking at y/n. Evan was about to add in his witty humor before the bell rang, and everyone gave a collective groan. "I'm glad we all can agree we hate Mondays." Brock said before saying his goodbyes and leaving.

Everyone else went to their classes but you and Marcel had first period together, so of course you two went to class together. Besides him you really had no other friends in the class but it didn't matter since all you did in there was silently work. Although Marcel never really did that, he mostly just whispered to y/n since he sat in front of her. Today was no different.

"Psst...y/n." Marcel whispered. "What now?" They whispered back. "Wanna...get pizza afterschool?" He asked, his tone sounded apprehensive but y/n knew he meant well. "I'll go if you stay quiet for the rest of class." They responded. "Deal!" Marcel shouted. Everyone in class, including the teacher, looked at him in bewilderment. He was sent outside and lectured for being disruptive while y/n was in class laughing to herself about it.

Timeskip

The end of school came faster then y/n expected, as the final bell rang she sighed out contently before beginning to search for Marcel. As soon as they started walking they felt a hand intertwine with theirs. "Huh?" Y/n looked to the side to see Marcel next to her smiling. "Just wanted to make sure you don't get lost when we go." He said, already answering their unasked question. "Oh...r-right." They replied, Marcel couldn't see it but y/n was blushing a bit as they walked.

Out the school, they didn't run into any of their friends which y/n found rather odd. But even so the two awkwardly held hands and continued walking. "Marcel," y/n stopped, "where are the guys?" They asked. He just blushed and looked away. "Well when I told them I wanted us all to go they said they were gonna ditch us so we'd be alone...but it was all stupid Evans idea."

Y/n looked confused but they began walking again anyways. "Evan wanted us alone? Maybe they're planning something for the two of us?" While y/n theorized out loud they realized they had arrived at the pizza joint. The duo entered and sat down at a nearby table, then looking up at the giant menu up on the wall. "I'll order for us, know what you wanna get?" Marcel asked as he pulled out his wallet.

"Are you sure you want to pay for it all? I can totally pitch in." Y/n said while fumbling for their wallet. "Y/n. I got it. Just tell me what you want." He replied with a more stern tone. They looked away embarrassed before sighing. "Fine, just a coke and a slice of pepperoni."

"Got it!" Marcel exclaimed as he was already up and heading towards the cash register. Minutes later he returned with two cokes for them both, he set them down and looked at y/n. "You know...maybe it's better the guys didn't come." He said. Y/n looked a little surprised before opening their soda. "Why do you say that?" They asked before taking a drink.

"Well I dunno...just seems better when the both of us hang out alone right?" Marcel asked before opening his soda and taking a drink. Y/n gave him an apprehensive look before smiling awkwardly. "I mean...I guess." They said. Marcel noticed their change in behavior and decided he would cut to the chase.

"Listen uh. I figured it would be best to say this now since the guys aren't here but well...I've wanted to ask you something." Marcel wasn't really the type to act shy so him acting this way was a bit surprising. "Go for it, I'm sure it's not so bad." Y/n replied, trying to sound cool about the situation. Yet inside they were losing it, their mind was going crazy thinking of all the possible questions he could ask.

"Well Valentines Day is this Friday...I know you don't have a valentine and neither do I. Do...do you see what I'm getting at here?" He smiled as all Marcel could do was hope y/n said yes. "I think I do idiot. And I would love to have the honor of you being my valentine." They smiled and blushed a little, y/n hoped that Marcel didn't notice they were shaking from the nervousness they were feeling. Y/n never though Marcel would like them back.

"Well I've always wanted to be with you...I just could never find the right moment to say it." Marcel said as he looked down and messed with his shirt. "It's fine idiot, I was thinking I'd never have a chance anyway." They said before sipping their drink again. Marcel's head perked up as he heard them speak. "Oh trust me, I've honestly liked you for the longest." He replied.

Y/n was going to say something but they were interrupted by the sound of Marcel's name being called for their food. As he got up all y/n could think of is how lucky they were to have found someone like Marcel. As they waited for him to return y/n decided to look out the window when they saw Evan outside with his phone in hand. Y/n looked shocked but then gave him a death stare as to warn him to leave.

Word count : 1237