~26~ Fights and Accusations

Start from the beginning

"Chick fight right here, ladies and gentlemen. One dollar to see the shocker by the lockers. Brought to you by Zay Babineaux enterprises."

"Isaiah Babineaux...." I warned.

Lucas walked over. "I'm not gonna be the cause of this."

"Too late, huckleberry."

Zay chuckled. "Huckleberry."

Lucas rolled his eyes. "You know why it happened, Maya? All you do is call me names. I finally struck back once. Then Kenz started defending you, and it all came out."

Maya turned to him. "This has nothing to do with you, who I will deal with later."

Zay, Lucas, and Farkle all took a step back. "Yee."

"This" I gestured between Maya, Riley, and I "happened because she stuck up for you."

"I didn't stick up for him." Riley exclaimed.

"You didn't disagree with him."

"How could she disagree with him, he's right?" I have to say that that stung a bit.

"You're next!" Maya exclaimed.

"I want to be first."

It was our turn to step back. "Yee."

"He is right, you know." Zay pointed out, causing me to turn to stare at him. "About most things." He fixed, looking into my eyes.

I scoffed. "Why does that mean so much to everybody?"

"When being right is more important than being friends... Then that's the end of being friends." Maya said, grabbing my hands as the bell rung.

~<3~

"Is this still going on?" Cory asked, walking into the classroom.

"Look at 'em!" Farkle exclaimed.

"Yowzas!"

Maya stood up, pulling me up with her. "We're moving seats."

"Yeah, you just do that."

"Mr. Friar?" Cory asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't take it anymore.I finally called her a name. She's called me a thousand names. I called her one name."

Cory furrowed his eyebrows. "So why are you mad, Makenzie?"

"Lucas compared his situation with Maya to another situation." I stated simply, refusing to elaborate.

"Move." Maya said, pointing to Zay. Zay's spot was the only one that had an empty seat next to it. Zay proceeded to do a crazy dance, causing Maya to stepo forward.

"He's under my protection. You want to tangle with me?" Lucas asked, and I nodded while Maya shook her head.

"Not yet." She walked up to Yogi. "Move." Yogi giggled and imitated Zay's dance.

Maya sat down, sighing. "Why didn't you disagree with him, Riley?"

"Maya, how can I disagree with what he said if what he said was true?"

"Wow, thanks Riley." I said, rolling my eyes.

"In life, no matter what happens sometimes all you need is someone who will be there for you no matter what." Maya said, shaking her head.

"What he said is true!"

"I'm not talking to you!" Maya and I chorused.

"Then I'm not talking to you!"