~6~ Lashing Out, Jealousy, and Restoration ~<3~

A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the smile on your face. ~ Unknown

(Sep 23). So Riley was having boy problems, and I was having home problems. Although that wasn't new. Let's just say that things got... Interesting from here.

(Song: Unsteady ~ X Ambassadors)

~<3~

I was about to walk out of school with the girls when somebody stopped me. Farkle. "Kenz. We need to talk." I gestured to the girls to let them know I was staying behind.

I sat down on the bench in school, and he sat next to me. "Something's going on." I stared at him.

"Excuse me?" I said slowly. He had a solemn expression. "Your hiding something, Makenzie."

I couldn't meet his eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about." He stared at me.

"Don't lie to me Kenz, I'm trying to help."

"You can't help, Farkle!" I yelled, the sound echoing through the empty halls as I stood up. "You don't even know what's wrong with me! I said I'm fine!" I ran out of school, crying.

~<3~

As soon as I got home, I ran to my room. I didn't care if my dad was or wasn't home, or if his girlfriend was there. (Which they weren't.) I had yelled at Farkle.

Farkle. Who was only trying to help in the first place? How was I so stupid sometimes. I curled into a ball, grabbing the picture of my mom that's in my room, and hugging it to my chest. "Why did you have to go." I sobbed.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. Topanga walked in and, upon seeing me, knelt on the ground, hugging me. I sobbed into her chest. "How did you know I needed someone?" I asked shakily, still crying.

"I didn't, I came to get you for dinner... Your dad said he was busy and he needed to work." She said softly, helping me up. I went into the small attached bathroom and washed my face. Of course, Dad was working again.

"Topanga," I said to her quickly, and she turned toward me. "Please don't tell Riley, she has enough to worry about." She gave me an unsure look, then hugged me again, and I hugged her back. I never wanted to let go.

~<3~

I sat in the bay window with Riley and Maya. Riley sighed. "I think of this as a personal challenge issued by Missy Bradford to grow up and to grow up fast. So what do I do?" She asked.

Maya and I turned to her in unison. "Nothing." Riley just kept going.

"Give me advice. You're a genius at this. Grow me up."

I looked at her questioningly. Maya did too. "Why?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yeah Riles, I like you as you are!"

Riley sighed. "Because everybody else is."

Maya looked at us. "That's not the way I see it."

"How can you see it any other way?"

I cleared my throat. "Missy Bradford has decided to grow up fast. That has nothing to do with us. Personally, I just wanna stay like this."

"But what if Lucas takes her to a scary movie? 'I get scared at scary movies. You'll take care of me, won't you?' Barf! Barf, I say!"

Maya sighed. "Riley, do you want Lucas to take you to the movies?"

"Alone?" She asked nervously. "I don't know if I'm ready for that."