~14~ Skipped Breakfasts and Second Familes

(Nov 8) "The people who truly care about you won't have to tell you they care; they'll show you." - Steve Maraboli

Farkle's still a bit angry at me. All our conversations are awkward, and it's kind of hard, since I finally had someone to lean on. But I'm fine. I have to be fine. Because the moment I tell myself something's wrong, that's it. I won't be able to make it. So I'm fine. Dad spends more and more time with his girlfriend. The suitcases are still out although she's fully moved in. She's despicable, constantly ordering me around the house. But I'm fine. I'm always fine.

~<3~

"Why didn't you wake me?" Riley asked Topanga, Maya, and I. "It's electives day. The earlier we sign up, the better the chance we have of getting all the good ones."

"I tried to wake you up three times." Her mother said defensively. 

"You know I don't think you're serious until six times. You know the first three times I'm still checking for chicken pox to see if I can miss school." 

"Hey, Kenz and I tickled your toes." 

"Well, that explains the Lucas dream."

"I'm not even going to ask." I said, scrunching my nose up.

"So, what electives are we hoping for?" 

"We are hoping to get out of them." Maya said, sitting down at the table.

"Actually, it's not gonna happen, sister. These are service electives. Not only do they expect us to be students, but now they want to give us jobs."

"How are we supposed to work and go to school at the same time?" Riley exclaimed.

"Yeah, who does that?" Maya asked, causing me to face-palm.

"Here it comes." I groaned.

"How you doin'?" Cory asked.

"Oh, hey, honey. Where you going?" Topanga asked dramatically. 

"I'm going to school."

"Oh, whatcha gonna do there?"

"I'm gonna work."

"Wait, you're gonna go to work and school?"

"At the same time."

"Wait, but just for a couple of days, right?"

"No, no, no. This is forever. But Topanga, surely your responsibilities are temporary, right?" 

"Oh, no. I have to do everything all the time." Topanga finished. Then, the two of them turned to us and bowed.

"Bravo!" Riley said with fake enthusiasm, clapping.