~18~ The Christmas Surprise

A week later, and I was still mad at my dad. It was Christmas, and I had gone to the Matthews' house as soon as I woke up. Topanga was stressing out about having the perfect Christmas, when Riley and I walked into the living room."It's Maya's first time with us, and Kenz and I need the holiday to go good for her." I had done Christmas with the Matthews family before, back when my mom was alive, but Maya had never experienced the crazy Matthews' Family Christmas. So, while Topanga was stressing abut it, so were Riley and I.

"Well, I need the holiday to be good for your mother." Cory said calmly.

"Liar!" Topanga yelled, pointing at him fro across the room.

"Liar!" He admitted, "I need the holiday to be good for Shawn. Shawn's coming!" Yes, you could say Cory was excited. I had heard the name Shawn before, when my mom used to talk about her highschool days, but I don't remember him. Suddenly, the intercom buzzed. "Shawn?!" Cory asked hopefully.

"Maya!" She responded.

"Shawn?!"

"Aw, what's the matter?" Maya asked. "Your boyfriend's not here yet?"

"He's not my boyfriend!" Cory defended, causing me to laugh.

"Oh, then what are we going to do with this 'Cory and Shawn 4-evah!' Ornament?" Topanga asked, holding it up."Oh, that?" He said, taking it from her. "That goes right in front of the 'Cory and Topanga Wedding' ornament."

Topanga sighed. "My whole life." Then she turned to Auggie. "Auggie, wanna help with dinner?"

Maya walked into the room, and I hugged her. " I don't even think he exists." She stated.

"He's real, Maya. I've known the guy my whole life, and he's real." Cory informed her.

"You're fun to play with." We walked to Riley's bedroom. "Riley, Kenz, I got you both presents." I laughed, knowing it was going to be something ridiculous.

"A donation's been made in your name to the Maya new winter coat fund." I read off of a piece of paper, looking over to see Riley holding the same thing.

"Thank you, it's beautiful." Riley said.

"I'm glad you like it. I never know what to get people." She said, sighing. Then she turned to Riley. "So, what's the deal on the mysterious Uncle Shawn?"

"My mom used to talk about him a lot. They all went to highschool together."

"I don't see him a lot. I don't think he likes me."

"How could someone not like you?" We chorused.

"Ask him and let me know." Riley said. We walked down the hallway to see Mr and Mrs. Matthews.

"Riley, Maya, Makenzie! Yay!" Mrs Matthews said excitedly. Then turned to Topanga. "-Topanga. Hello.I just know you are gonna pull off the most fantastic holiday."

"Oh, mom, I just heard you outside." She informed her.

"How?" Grandma Matthews asked, confused.

"I explained that to you." Her husband told her.

"Well, now that it's out in the open, let's take a look at what you're doing wrong."

Grandpa Matthews looked around. "Ah, wow! Look at all these kids. It wasn't that long ago I had kids around the house."

"Yeah, it was just this morning, wasn't it, dad?" I heard a familiar voice say, and I smiled. "Kenzie!" Josh exclaimed, and I walked over and gave him a hug.

"Joshie!" I mimicked. "It's been a while, Matthews."

"I know... a whole week." He teased. Then I remembered something.