The Breakup and Set Up (Liam sad)

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a few days! I'm so excited how many reads this is getting! Make sure to follow me if you want updates and other stuff! PS This is Lacey at the top. Thanks!

I could tell something was off with Liam right after school. He was all snappy and moody and just not the happy-go lucky person he usually was. Louis, Harry and I all picked up on it. I chose not to ask questions just this once, Harry obviously still not comfortable in his new home kept quiet as well.

After a quiet dinner, Liam went upstairs to his room. "What's wrong with him?" Louis asks. I shrugged. Harry pushed his food around on his plate. "I think he had a fight with Sophia." he mumbles. "Ohhhh." Louis says knowingly.  "Ugh. Yuck." I said.  Harry looks at me half smiling.

"What?" I question innocently. "I just didn't think you could dislike anyone more than Danielle, and then I was wrong." Harry says. My brother's dating history is full of bad decisions and perky, self-centered cheerleaders. And my opinion of that is pretty much an open book.

I can't really talk though. At least Liam has a dating history. Mine consists of pining after sweet, kind Irish Niall. My brother's best friend. Swoon.

"I'll talk to him." Louis says trying to get up from the table. "No!" Harry and I say at the same time. Louis looks at both of us and shrugs. He knows what we're thinking. Louis, who hops from girl to girl quicker than he can learn their names, should not be the one to give Liam advice right now.

"Lacey should do it." Harry says. I squint. "You're his best friend, you should do it." Harry shrugs. "He would prefer you. I know he would." I sigh. Had it not been for a previous revelation that Liam wanted us to be closer I would push Harry harder, but I resign and go to Liam's room.

I just walk in and see Liam staring at the ceiling fan. So I lie on the bed next to him, my feet next to his head, his feet near my head. "What?" Liam says half-heartedly. "Did she breakup with you?" I ask curiously. He sniffles. "Yeah, why?" I huff. "What a whore." Liam slaps my leg. "Lacey Marie."  "Ow." I feign.

We lay in silence for a minute. "You're too good for her anyway." Liam moves his hand to his face but I don't look away from the fan. "Lace." He mumbles. I get up and pull his head to my chin. "I know it's okay, Li. Just let it out." He softly cries for approximately 4 minutes.

"I'm gonna I throw up." He says. I shake my head. "No, Liam just breath." Liam used to have bad anxiety when he was a kid and if he knew he was crying and getting dehydrated he would think he would throw up.
He dry heaves once so I do grab a bin just in case. I rub his back while saying "you're alright. You're alright." He finally catches his breath. "Sorry." He mumbles. I kiss his forehead. "Should we...?" I start but he interrupts and says "I don't even want to talk about it so let's talk about something else."

I shrug. "Okay, uhh. This is weird but there's a boy, I sort of like." I start. I don't know why this what I chose to share with Liam to keep him distracted but I haven't told anybody this soooo...

"Is it Harry?" Liam asks sardonically. I laugh out loud. "HAHAHA no. God no. He's like my 3rd brother and now he lives here so that is just...no. It's not Harry."

Liam goes quiet. I keep rubbing his back and hearing him breath heavily. So I continue. "Anyway, this boy. I feel things changing between us but I think if it goes poorly we'll lose this really great friendship we have. Besides it could affect things with..." I trail off.  If I say Louis, Liam will immediately know who I'm talking about.

"I still think it's Harry." Liam says seemingly in a better mood. I slap his leg. "Jesus. Liam pay attention for one god-dang second. It's not Harry. It's Niall okay!" I exhale feeling a weight off my chest. 

"Ohh." Liam says seemingly surprised. Just by nodding his head, he says a lot. "Tell me I'm in over my head." Liam smiles. "You're in over your head, lil sister."

"Tell me I'm an idiot for even thinking about him."

"You're an idiot for thinking he wouldn't like you back."

"Thank yo...wait what?" I ask startled.

Liam chuckles. "Come here." He takes my hand and drags me down the stairs. Harry and Louis are in the living room watching a football (American soccer) game. "Guys." Liam says and they both turn their heads. "Pop quiz: What boy has had a crush on Lacey since Pre-K?" Harry snorts. Louis smirks. Then simutaneously they say "Niall." My jaw drops.

"Are you kidding me?" I gape at all of them. Then I grab a pillow and go straight for Louis. "ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME????" I smack him in between every word. Louis on the defense. "Ahh. Stop it. What? Why?" He is swinging his arms weakly. "I'm your freaking twin. You couldn't have given me a heads up like 10 years ago?" I swing the pillow harder.

"Well..." Harry starts. I turn to face him. He holds out his hands in protection. "We honestly thought you knew." I throw my hands up. "How would I know! He didn't talk to me for like 5 years!" Liam sits himself next to Harry on the couch. "It's called the awkward middle school years, Lacey. You didn't talk to any boys either." I feel myself blush. "Oh."

I drop the pillow. And find my spot next between Liam and Harry on the big couch. After the game, we put a movie on. Liam leans back and his head is in my lap. About halfway through the film he looks up at me and says "hey thanks for today. It was a good distraction." I smile widely. "You know, you truly are a naive little thing." he jokes. I frown and pinch/twist his ear. "OW! OW! Ow! Okay  made your point. made you point." I let go. He pants. "What a whore." That makes me laugh out loud, making the other two look at us.

I catch Harry's eye and give him a little 'you were right' nod. And that's all he needed to understand this family.

************************************
Sorry it wasn't more sickficky! Got some writers block. I do take requests :)