Epilogue - Two Years Later

Alice bounded down the stairs, running out to the garage where Rosalie was working on fixing up a car for Esme to use. It was the second one she had worked on, and she really enjoyed it. She was good at it; finally able to explore all the things she had been interested in but had never been allowed to work on. Alice stood and watched her for a moment, examining the careful way she worked with the metal so she wouldn't break it. Her newborn strength was gone, but she was till hyper-aware of how easy it would be for her to accidentally crush the engine.

"Can I help you?" Rosalie asked with a smile, using a nearby towel to wipe the oil off her hands. The towel itself was so covered in oil it was a wonder it still worked. But she threw the towel aside and walked to Alice, quickly kissing her forehead before grabbing her hand to pull her to the car.

"Did you figure out what was wrong with it?" Alice asked, examining the twisted metal that made no sense to her. Rosalie had tried to explain many times what all the different parts were, but Alice hadn't absorbed any of it. She was content to work on her designs while Rosalie worked, finding the gentle sounds and Rosalie's humming as she worked to be comforting.

"Of course I did. The engine wasn't connected properly. It's a wonder we got it here at all. But it should be fixed now," Rosalie answered, knowing Alice would prefer the simple explanation. "Where's Esme? I want her to try taking it out for a spin."

"Her and Carlisle are... occupied."

"Oh... it can wait."

"That's what I thought you'd say," Alice said with a giggle. "I was going to ask if you wanted to go hunting? It's been awhile for me, and I know you didn't go last time because you were so absorbed in that motorcycle...."

"Great idea! Let me change and I'll be right along!" Rosalie dropped the hood of the car and sped out of the garage, up to her room where she took off her dress and changed into a pair of pants and cotton t-shirt, both much easier to hunt in. She ran back downstairs and met up with Alice, who was waiting by the edge of the forest for her.

"I missed you," Alice said, taking her hand.

"I was gone, like 30 seconds."

"33, to be exact," Alice said, squeezing Rosalie's hand. Rosalie rolled her eyes, but bent down for a quick kiss before turning to run through the trees. Alice followed her, eventually taking her hand from Rosalie's so they could race. Rosalie tended to win, her long legs helping her take further and faster leaps.

They ran for a few minutes, each trying to determine the best place to start hunting. They had been going to the same place for a few weeks now, but didn't want to overhunt in the same area so they wanted to find somewhere else. They ran past their usual spot, looking for someplace nearby. They ran a few more miles before they found a spot with what seemed like an overpopulation of bears. It made sense; as it was early spring. Alice stopped running, and Rosalie looped back to her.

"Think this is a good spot?" Rosalie asked.

"Yes. I don't see any issues. And it seems like there are more around," Alice said, after taking a quick scan of her visions. She usually did this before a hunt, just to make sure there wouldn't be any issues. It made Rosalie more comfortable, and it was easiest.

"Awesome. Let the hunt begin!" Rosalie said, shifting into a hunting crouch. Alice watched her disappear further into the woods before taking a few steps away herself, and searching for her own prey. It was a short task; she didn't like to dwell on it too much. She found her prey quickly and pounced, drinking her fill and jumping away before the animal even knew what was happening. She debated catching another, but felt too full for it.