- 02.

Her heart was in her throat.

Something or someone was making that man jittery and nervous, and by extent, Hyosung felt the trepidation creep up her spine.

Using her fingertips to help anchor herself to the brick wall, she etched sideways as slowly and quietly as she could until she was hidden in a small doorway. Luckily, the man was too preoccupied with whoever he was talking to notice her.

Peeking around the edge of the wall so she could still see the two men, she kept a firm grip on a makeshift weapon— never did she think that she would actually have to use it. She watched curiously as the stocky man took a step back, just as a hooded figure appeared from the alley, their dark grey hood pulled so far it obscured the top half of their face, but even from Hyosung's distance, she could make out the wicked smile on his face.

Maybe she should just try to back away unnoticed?

"So a little birdie tells me that you're thinking of going to the police about our business deal," the latter man, the more lean and tall of the two, spoke smoothly, locking his hands behind his back as he rocked on his heels almost childishly.

"Wh- I would never do that!" The shorter man spluttered, the panic on his face was highlighted by the street light he stood under, "I-I've done everything you've asked for, Seokjin, everything. You know if I went to the police, I'd only end up in the cell right next to you."

Cell? Prison? Hyosung momentarily squeezed her eyes shut, cursing herself for not taking the creepy shortcut.

The silence dragged along the seconds as the two men stared at each other, the tension thick enough that it lingered around them until the taller man's— Seokjin's—lips curved in a leer before he started to laugh.

The smaller man tensed, looking uneasy as he forced himself to laugh along.

"I'm kidding," Seokjin snickered, shaking his head at his own amusement, "The look on your face was priceless!" His shoulders bounced with his chuckles, still finding enjoyment from the other man's uneasiness.

Hyosung couldn't help but watch, unable to pull her eyes away from the strange encounter.

"Oh, but seriously," The chuckles died down as Seokjin straightened out and suddenly the atmosphere plummeted, "You only have one more use to me, and well.... you don't need to be alive for that." As soon as those words fell from his lips, Hyosung noticed the flash of something long and sharp fall from the sleeve of his hoodie.

Without warning, he grabbed the hilt before it could fall to the floor and reeled his arm back at such a speed that the other man didn't even have a chance to cry for help before the blade was plunged deep into his chest. Hyosung felt her stomach drop. The man let out a gargled wheeze, desperately clinging onto Seokjin's arms as he tried to keep himself up.

Hyosung couldn't look away, it was like she had lost control of all of her motor skills as she watched a twisted smile danced on Seokjin's face, his eyes still shielded by his hood as he cocked his head to the side. With a simple, effortless jolt of his arm, Seokjin twisted the blade inside the man's chest, and another high pitched wheeze escaped his lips before he truly fell limp.

Hyosung slapped her hands to her mouth, muffling the gasp she felt tightening in her throat. Oh my god.

The slight thump filled the air, and she cringed at the sight of the man lying limp on the floor, Seokjin standing tall, looming over his dead body. He looked like he had done it multiple times before, his shoulders broad and his expression blank.

That was, until he gagged. It echoed through the empty street, followed by another retch and his gloved hand quickly covered his mouth as he recoiled away from the body, gingerly trying to pull the knife out of the man's chest whilst simultaneously keeping his food content within his stomach.

"He got blood on my shoes, goddammit." He whined, gagging again.

Hyosung frowned, did a killer, not like the sight of blood?

Groaning in malcontent, Seokjin kicked the body with the tip of his boot to make sure he was definitely dead before signing.

Despite feeling her heart palpitate wildly in her chest and ringing deafly in her ears, she knew she had to do something. Taking in deep, juttered breaths she glanced around the small alcove she was hidden in, trying to find a way out before she became the next person on Seokjin's hit-list.

Maybe she could just hide in here until—

"I hope you enjoyed the show," A smooth, chilling voice called out, freezing her where she stood, "I would have made it more colorful for you but uh... I don't like blood, so..." She then heard the sound of soft footsteps coming closer to where she was, "Come out, come out wherever you are."

FIRST CHOICE
each has a different outcome, choose wisely

A || attack him — it might just buy you some time

B || run away — maybe you'll make it back home?

C || bang the door — maybe the residents will come to your aid?

D || bargain — he might let you go if he knows you won't go to the police...

most popular decision wins.