Eighteen

~Saturday 7th January 2017~

00:12 am

It can't be true. It can't be true. She must be lying. It can't be true.

The large entrance doors of The Silk Night are heavy, as Louis pushes against them, using all of his strength to open them quickly, freeing him from this nightmare. When they finally give way, he passes through the massive threshold in a rush, sprinting off towards the steps outside, a surge of pressure already building inside his body.
Mrs Tomlinson is right on his heels, the skirt of her long dress gathered in her hands, as she tries to catch up with him.
"Louis!" She screams, avoiding the scornful looks that she gets from other people, as she chases her husband out into the cold. "We need to talk about this!" Tears run down her face, smudging her perfect makeup, as she admits defeat, stopping at the top of the stairs, watching Louis bound down them, nearly tripping. Her feet are sore inside her shoes, and the cold winds are harsh against her bare arms, as she wipes away her tears and walks back inside, smoothing the fabric over her stomach. Maybe telling him tonight wasn't the best idea.

Harrison is sitting inside his car - music softly humming in the background - as he notices Louis' alarmed figure rushing towards him. He immediately steps out of the car, and approaches his boss, unsure why Louis looks so uneasy. His breathing is rapid, and for a moment, Harrison worries that he is suffering from another anger attack. It was less than three hours earlier when Harry came running down those same stairs, with the same look of panic in his expression, the same tears in his eyes.

"Did you see which way Harry went?" Louis asks, breathless, scanning the streets frantically, as if three hours later, Harry would still be close. Sweat beads along the surface of Louis' forehead, as Harrison nods with a smile and opens the back door of his car for Louis to step inside.
Louis spends the whole car journey pushing away at the anger attack that wants so desperately to take over control - and less than ten minutes later, Harrison pulls up outside of Harry's apartment building and Louis jumps out of the car, rushing across the sidewalk. He presses the buzzer for Harry's apartment four times, but there is no answer, as he continues to fight against this new attack. Louis wins for now, but the familiar feeling is still there, ready to creep over the edge.
"Would you like my help trying to find him, Boss?" Harrison calls from the car, but Louis shakes his head.
"No." He answers, approaching the car again and leaning down through the open window to speak to his driver. "You should get back and wait for Mrs Tomlinson. But, thank you, Harrison. For everything." Louis adds, smiling down at his best friend. It's a genuine smile, but the shock of E's announcement coursing through his veins, make it appear false.
It can't be true.

After Harrison pulls away, Louis scans the street, frantically surveying every face, every figure he can see. It's late and there's not many people around, but it still takes a while for Louis to notice the curly-haired man sitting on the curb across the street. He walks over the road, cautious and still unsure whether this is who he is looking for. The streetlamps are dim in front of Pilgrim's bar, but once he is closer, the handsome features of the young man are undoubtedly Harry's. Louis already feels more at ease, just seeing him.
"Harry?" Louis asks, wary. The kind boy looks up at him from where he is sitting, his eyes dark and his movements delayed, before speaking.
"You found me!" Harry exclaims, and if it wasn't clear before, it's obvious now that he is deliriously drunk. "Congratu-fucking-lations! I don't have a prize for you. I'm sorry." His words are slurred and slow, his voice higher than usual. Louis studies Harry's face, now sadly realising that his sweet lover has been replaced with an intoxicated drunk. He places a single hand under Harry's armpit, pulling him up with all his strength, now noticing the Tomlinson water bottle in his hand.
"Harrison gave this to you?" Louis asks, only getting a slow nod in return. "I'm gonna kill him. He should have made sure you got home." Louis complains, as he pulls Harry to stand, leaning against his shoulder, his arm wrapped around him.
"It's not his fault." Harry says, slouching against Louis, as he pulls both their weight back across the road to Harry's apartment. "He tried to look after me, but I'm not an expert at taking advice." He adds, giggling away at his words.
God, he is hammered.