"It always is hard for one to learn to overcome on his own little one. Troubling it may seem but easier once you've done it."

"Why me?"

"You were always bound to ask that question again. You will know in due time."

"What do you want from me? Why can't I see you?"

"Patience is a virtue but who can criticise when that virtue is not applicable to all," Ivona paused. "I see what you don't. All what you can never see. A promise is for those who can fulfil it. Unfortunately, it's hard to honour one in a situation as complicated as this. And for why you can't see me, actually, you can. I block it because it's dangerous for you to see me. If you do now, you'll die and I'm forbidden to kill when it's not time."

"What's it about the promise?"

"An inquisitive mind is bound to a young child. I could tell you now but I'll disrupt what is to come. You'll know but not now young one. All we can ever offer is a heart of gold—one that is open to all. Have I answered your question?"

Xavier smiled to the empty space by his side. "I'm glad I have, Harris Grey," Ivona replied.

"How did you know my other name?" Xavier asked perplexed by the reply.

"It was a name I owed a great favour to but I'm afraid it won't stand forever," she sadly whispered.

"Ivona?" he called but she didn't reply—she was gone. He shut his eyes, only her gently voice filled his head. "All we can ever offer is a heart of gold—one that is open to all," she had said earlier.

"'One that is open to all,'" he repeated. He swiped his phone off the large glass table in the centre of the living room in a haste. He hurried typed some words and when he was done, he hesitated to send the message. He heaved a sigh and shut his eyes.

*****

"I heard myself screaming as the car tumbled. I couldn't move. I couldn't do anything but watch the blood soak my shirt. Nobody was moving," she shook her head, steadily holding Bree's gaze. She pointed at a picture frame in the hallway that only she could see because of her seating position. Bree observed Gwen's hands trembled. "They weren't moving even though I was crying right behind them. None of them could tell me it was a dream. The blood was surrounding and soon, I was drowning a large volume of it." She snapped her head in Bree's direction, tears flowing on their own accord.

"I drowned. I was drowning in my own blood..." Gwen said in a whisper. Bree pulled her chair closer to Gwen's and pulled her into her arms.

"How many times have we spoken about keeping this to yourself?"

Gwen pulled away, wiping her tear-streaked face with her index finger. She sniffled and gave broken laughs. "I'm sorry, Bree. I thought it wasn't going to be worse and I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"You are a strong girl but being strong is you having the courage to share with others. You have me and Lulu, and Riley, and grandpop. You aren't alone Gwendolyn and you know that, don't you?"

"I do," Gwen retorted, looking at the frown on Bree's face.

"What about your medications?"

"I took them but they weren't working."

"I'll prescribe new ones for you before I take my leave. Don't let it overcome you. It's a fear that only you can fight. I'm going to speak with Lulu but I'll be back to see you afterwards."

Bree stood up, tucking her notebook into her handbag before exiting the kitchen, leaving Gwen alone, scanning the entire room quietly. Vibrations and the sound of her ringtone made her dig into the pocket of her jeans.