Chapter 3: A Discerning Council

General Niko walked into the giant building. It was covered in intricate designs made by masters of craftsmanship; the windows were painted extravagant colors of green, blue, and black. Statues stood at the entrance, guardians dressed in their exotic armor, amazingly detailed each piece was, designs of flowers and fire all leading to the chest piece, the face of a lion.

He quickly found the area of the meeting. The Elders of New Earth had called him and many others to the meeting, including the Yakudatsu and Kenroth commanders. The meeting was to decide their next move, attack or prepare defenses.

Niko grunted while taking his seat. "I'm too old for this." Sitting back he brought up the laser screen before him. The time quickly hovered above the table then switched to a screen of daily news.

Headline: Riot breakout near city of the SNF. Troops sent in.

The rest continued if you clicked on it. He swiped his hand down sending the screen into the table. "They just don't understand. Protecting them seems so useless."

*****

The room quieted and the elder of new earth took a stand. He was clothed in a purple and grey robe with silver threading. His face old with years, sadness and fear showed on his face although he tried to hide it.

"Welcome, I'm glad you could make it. This meeting will consist of two main topics. First off I want to welcome the commanders of both the Kenroth and Yakudatsu, thank you for being here."

They nodded in reply.

"Now, for the fist topic we will discuss our current situation regarding the threat of the Galkara and Dohikari. Their influence has spread throughout the remaining tribes, already they have persuaded two of their fellow brothers. I believe we should learn of their next moves, prepare, and then defend our most valuable. Our other choices do not seem likely to succeed. Attacking can only bring more death."

Another elder stood, younger than the others by the way he carried himself. He was robed in green and silver.

"I disagree, we should attack them while they prepare."

"And risk our few numbers?"

"At least we would have surprise on our side, they won't expect it, they think we're still recovering as they are."

"Our troops aren't fully capable and those that we could spare. . . We would be exterminated the moment we set foot on their home. Not that we even know where that is."

"It wouldn't be very hard to find with patrol units, and if we executed a full scale..."

"Risk everything!? Never!"

"Yes, we risk everything in a full on assault, ending their threat."

"Nonsense!" Another elder stood robed in the same garment as the first. "I agree. We cannot risk our entire force."

"But on the chance that we win, what then?"

"What then?" Said the head elder, "We won't win, even if we did we cannot know that where we attack is their full force." A Yakudatsu commander stood. His armor glistened from the lights in the room.

"Personally I agree with attacking." His voice was low and ominous, full of authority. "An attack will catch them off guard, even if they do expect it they won't have enough time to prepare a proper defense. We will be able to easily break through and win. But only if we go as a full force."

"You see? That is the problem; we need to go as a full force. Instantly we take on casualties and leave our home unguarded."

"That's the problem with your theory, you aren't wanting to risk anything for victory, but the thing is that's the only way to obtain a victory."