Chapter 12

Liam's POV

"Hey Niall are you worried about the rest of the lads and Brylee? They've been gone for a while." I was getting worried. They were really late and they were almost never late.

"They're fine mate, just stuck in traffic probably." Niall sat on the couch stuffing his face with some pizza we ordered.

"I'll call Louis." I dialled his number. It rang and rang. No response.

"Niall he didn't answer!" Louis always answered his phone. I knew something was up.

"Try Harry then. Liam everything is fine." Niall tried to reassure me.

I called Harry. It rang twice when I heard the line pick up.

"Harry! Where are you mate?" I asked.

"Who is this?" A man's voice was at the other end of the line.

"Who are you and why do you have Harry's phone?" I grew worried.

"This is officer Nehdel. I need to know who you are before I give out details."

"I'm Liam Payne, I'm in a band with Harry. What's going on sir?"

"Your friend was in a horrible crash. Do you know who else was with Harry"

I felt my heart hit the ground. I felt tears start to sting my eyes.

"Yeah. Zayn, Louis, and Zayn's girlfriend Brylee. We are in a band, One Direction."

"Ah yes we have them all. Liam i'm going to need you to get your manager or someone with authority and have them talk to me."

"Are they ok?"

"Well we arn't sure. I can tell you things don't look good. You better hurry."

"Thank you sir. I'll find Paul. " I was frantic and scared. I ran and found Paul and threw the phone to him. I ran back into the waiting area and sat down next to Niall.

"They were in a crash Niall! I don't know if they are alive or what's going on!" I started bawling and fell onto Niall's lap.

"What? If this is some kind of prank you are pulling it's not funny at all Liam. " Niall looked at me angrily.

"You think this is a joke? Niall i'm serious!" I was in hysterics. Paul came running in. He had a tear running down his face as well.

"Paul are they ok?" I asked.

"We need to get to the hospital. Now." He grabbed Niall and I and lead us to a car. Niall was too in shock to register what was happening. He was holding on to me and we were trying to comfort each other.  We arrived to the hospital within 5 minutes. Before Paul could stop the car I jumped out and ran to the front counter.

"Hello I need to know where Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Louis Tomlinson and Brylee Johnson are?" I asked trying to stay as calm as possible.

"You arn't family so you do not get to see them." The grouchy lady snarled at me.

"What do you mean that we arn't family? Those guys are my brothers! We have been through everything together! Brylee is my new little sister! I don't care what you have to say about it. I will see them. They are my family." I screamed at her. She looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry for yelling." I apologized.

"It's ok sir. I feel your pain. Are you Liam? Where is Paul?" The woman asked.

"He's on his way."

"Ok Liam you can go sit in the waiting room. We will alert you when you can go see your frie...I mean brothers. And sister." She gave me a wink and I sat down. When Paul walked in the lady spoke to him and lead him away. Niall walked in and sat down next to me. His normally bright shining blue eyes were bloodshot from crying. I  needed to stay strong for Niall. I knew he looked up to me for advice. I pulled the little irish one into my arms and held him close. He was shaking and crying.

"Shhhhh... Niall we will get through this." I whispered.

About an hour and a half went by before Paul came in and told us what he knew.

"Harry and Brylee are in the I.C.U.. Both of them are unconscious. They are not doing well. Harry will be very lucky if he makes it out of this. Same goes for Brylee. She was thrown from the car. She has died about 3 times. They keep bringing her back. You can go see Zayn and Louis now though. They are in room 493. They are both awake." Paul pried Niall off of me and tried to make him stand up on his own. I pushed Paul out of the way and pulled little Nialler back into my arms.

"He stays with me. We need to stick together." I snapped at Paul. I pulled Niall close and put my arm protectively around his small body. We walked to room 493 and stopped in front of the door.

"You ready? " I asked Niall.

"Yeah." He said through the tears.

I was not prepared for what I saw. Zayn was sitting up in his bed with multiple wires in his arms. His already small and frail figure looked even smaller. There was a cut across his head that was stitched up. He had his head to the side and he was watching Louis. Louis was sleeping. He looked a lot like Zayn with wires and tubes up and down his arms. Even though he was the oldest, he looked so young. He looked like he did on X-factor. He looked so broken.

"Hey." I muttered. Zayn looked up and saw Niall and I. Niall had his arms around my neck and his face was buried in my shoulder. Zayn's looked crushed.

"I'm so sorry Liam! I' m sorry! I should have stayed with you and Niall! It's all my fault! Everyone is almost dead and it's my fault!" He burst into tears. I walked with little Niall in my arms over to Zayn. I sat down next to Zayn and tried to calm him down.

"It's not your fault! I'm not mad at you at all! Niall is just very stressed. I'm torn up too but we have to stay strong for Harry and Brylee." I rubbed his back.

"I want Brylee. I need her. Is she ok?" He said behind his tears.

"She is in the I.C.U with Harry. She was dead 3 times but they brought her back. Harry and her are in very bad shape. They don't know if Harry will make it." I started to cry. I heard weeping from the bed next to Zayn's. Louis had heard what I just said.

"Louis it will be ok. They are doing everything they can." I reassured him.

"Time is up Mr.Payne." A nurse came in and yelled at me.

"See you guys later. I will be here first thing tomorrow! I promise!" I yelled as I was being pushed out the door. Niall was still clinging on to me for dear life. He couldn't even stand on his own. As we tried to walk to the car it became apparent that he was unable to walk because his body was so stressed. I picked him  up and carried him out to the car. I laid him in the back seat.

"It will be ok mate."

Zayn's POV

"I'm sorry Louis. This is all my fault. I should be in Harry's position. I know how much he means to you." I tried to apologize.

"Zayn stop. This isn't your fault. The car was driven by an insane fan. She just wanted to meet us. She is going to jail now so it's ok. And I know how much Brylee means to you." He smiled through his pain. I could tell he was hurting really bad.

"I want Brylee. I want to hug her. I want Harry. I want to tell him how much he means to me as a brother. I miss everyone." I was trying to hold back tears. I heard a beeping noise. I looked over to Louis and he wasn't breathing.

"NURSE! HELP! NURSE! Louis bud come back! Louis not you too! Lou! Boo Bear!" I felt tears streaming down my face. 20 or more nurses came piling in the room and tried to make him breath again. They grabbed his bed and pulled it out of the room and lead him away. I was left alone. I needed someone. Correction. I needed Brylee.