21.

Taehyung tried catching up with his lover who was pacing quite quickly up the beach, but the sun was hot, extremely hot. The air was thick and heavy and it was way warmer than usual. The sand under his feet was burning to touch, making him limp slightly but he was more determined to get to Jimin or even just keep an eye on him.

"Jimin?" He called out, the elf barely hearing him as he was in his own world, too focused on trying to figure out how to fix what he had done between Taehyung and Jungkook.

"Ji-" Taehyung was cut off by what he heard.

"Taehyung..."

A voice called to him.

It sounded distant but it was coming from the ocean, his gaze looking over as he saw the calm waves that looked so beautiful and inviting and suddenly his eyes were fixed on them and only them.

"Taehyung" the voice called again in a soft and angelic voice, leading him in as his body thought before his brain and it was walking into the water.

The water began to climb up his legs until it was impossible to walk as he was suddenly treading water, the ground under his feet no longer there as he swam out to the voice that was calling him over and over again in such a soothing and calm way.

Taehyung didn't notice how clouds were suddenly forming, blocking out the sun as the sky turned an awful grey, like it would thunder at any time, the sea turning a dark blue as he swam deeper and deeper, the voice getting louder but somehow growing further away.

Jimin noticed the sudden change in the weather as a droplet of rain landed on his cheek, looking up to see that some sort of freak storm had come out of nowhere. He decided it was best to head back to the beach hut and be with the others until the storm blew over, but what he didn't expect when he turned to head back was seeing Taehyung so far out in the sea, swimming towards nothing in particular.

"Tae?" Jimin questioned why he was swimming out there, only he then caught the faint sound of a woman calling his name as panic rose in him.
In sheer panic he ran into the water.

"Tae! Come back!" Jimin shouted, but Taehyung didn't hear him, too distracted by finding this voice that called to him. He didn't even realise how far out he was as Jimin tried swimming to him, but he noticed how with the sudden heavy rain and forceful winds the waves of the water got a lot stronger.

"Jimin! Tae!" He turned around when he saw the rest of the guys trying to get them out of the water, but Jimin couldn't leave Taehyung, continuing to swim out towards him despite them shouting for him to comeback.

Jimin swam as best he could but he was nowhere near as fast as Taehyung and his only hope was to keep shouting his name, hoping he'd hear him over the heavy rain and the sudden thunder and lightening that flashed through the sky above.

"Taehyung!" He shouted, only for a wave to hit him in the face, making him splutter as he coughed at the salty water, only for another one to hit him straight after. And another one.

They suddenly seemed relentless and it was slowly feeling like he couldn't breathe, the water forcing itself into his face, unable to shout for Taehyung or his friends and barely able to breath as he tried forcing himself to the surface, but the waves were getting stronger and bigger.

His friends watched in horror from the beach as Jimin was suddenly drowning from waves that were growing in size whilst Taehyung was clearly caught up in something and continued to swim out.

"I'll go get him" Namjoon spoke, but Jin grabbed his arm.
"No! Then you'll be stuck too" he told him. That's when they realised all they could do was watch their friend slowly drowning.

Suddenly Namjoon had an idea, whispering in Hoseok and Yoongi's ear before they all turned into their wolf form, running right to the edge of the water, as far as they could go without being dragged into the hectic storm.

They bowed their heads, using ever bit of power within them before all three of them bellowed out the loudest howl they could conjure.

Taehyung snapped out of it at his three friends cry.

He turned around to see them on the beach, only Jimin wasn't with them as they pointed over, looking to his right as not far from him was Jimin spluttering and trying to stay on top of the water, but failing with the harsh waves that were slowly drowning him.

"Jimin?!" He cried out, ignoring the call of his name as he began to swim towards the elf, although the strong waves were attempting to push him back, slowing him down.

"I'm nearly there hold on!" Taehyung shouted to Jimin, only hoping he could hear him as Jimin was panicking even more, completely losing air to his body that also began to grow tired from his movements of trying to get him to the surface and the cold water that affected him way more than it did Taehyung.

Taehyung just about reached him, grabbing his hand that poked out from under the water as he pulled him with every ounce of strength he had towards him, Jimin's body pressing to his as he took a big gasp of air in when he hit the surface, face to face with Taehyung.

"I'm so sorry" Taehyung spoke as he kept a hold of Jimin, kicking his legs to try and get them to the shore, only they felt something.

Everyone did.

It was a sudden jolt in the ground that had everyone on the beach fall over from the force of it, but Taehyung and Jimin looked at one another in confusion and fear, refusing to let go of one another as Jimin clung to him even tighter.

They heard a screech.

An ear piercing one that rung through the air and made all of the close their ears off, their eyes screwing shut as they tried to block out whatever it was.

There was a sudden shift in the water, as the waves were no longer natural waves but huge ripples caused by movement in the water.

Suddenly they felt like they were no longer alone in the water, both looking out at the horizon that was dark, but it looked like something was moving towards them. It was fast and there way no way they could out swim whatever it was that headed straight towards them.

Out of nowhere, the thing rose out of the water.

Everyone went into shock and horror as those on the beach could only stare at the huge thing that had just emerged from the depths of the sea, Jimin and Taehyung suddenly looking tiny as it began to tower above them.

They were in complete shock. How had it got here? It was meant to be locked up so nobody could get hurt.
Nobody had seen this creature for centuries and here it was.

The Kraken had risen.

~•~•~•~•~

Oof, the Kraken.
Who would have guessed lmao.

I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean when I wrote this and I thought hey maybe this could be pretty cool.