1.8// Don't Wanna Be Your Friend I Wanna Kiss Your Neck

En başından başla

Luke walked Melody to her next class, as usual.

"I'll meet you at your locker later," Luke smiled and placed the hand at the small of Melody's back.

"Yeah, okay," she nodded and turned to face Luke.

He kissed the tip of her nose, and walked away swiftly before she could say anything. Luke didn't want her to tell him to stop these little displays of affection, so walking away before she said anything was his way around it. Having actual feelings for a girl was new to him, and he just wanted to show her that he cared.

His brothers would make fun of him for being "whipped" but he knew they would ultimately understand and be happy for him. Would Melody be the girl to keep Luke tied down? The more he thought about it, the more terrifying the thought was.

Giving someone else full control of your heart was no joke because a heart is a fragile thing. He had no clue what it felt like to be heartbroken, and finding out how it felt wasn't exactly on his agenda. As much as Luke didn't want to admit it, Melody had him wrapped around her finger. She had some weird power over him that no other girl he had been with before had.

Luke was trying to take his daily nap now. He was in social studies, and truthfully he didn't really care about the French Revolution or the British Empire. The teacher seemed to understand Luke's disinterest in the class so he was left alone for the most part.

The girl that sat next to him was someone he hooked up with when he wasn't talking to Melody. To be quite honest, this girl slightly resembled Mel. She was just a bit shorter and this girl's eyes were dark brown instead of green. Luke was convinced that she actually thought that he was interested in her. She would sigh loudly, and "accidentally" bump her arm against his to try to get Luke's attention. She was being more annoying than usual today, and Luke was done with it.

He lifted his head off of his desk and glared at her, only to be met by an innocent smile.

"What?" Luke groaned.

"You haven't talked to me since last week," she pouted.

"We never really talked," Luke answered with a roll of his eyes.

"Yeah, I was just wondering if you maybe..." she trailed off and took her bottom lip between her teeth.

"No," Luke blurted. He didn't know the exact question she was trying to ask him but he assumed she was either asking for sex or a date, and the answer to both was a definite no.

"Oh," she frowned, "I guess if you ever change your mind-"

"Thanks but no thanks," Luke snorted, cutting her off completely.

He put his head down on his desk again to indicate that this conversation was over. Luke's heart was pumping at an abnormally fast pace. He'd just declined a girl asking him for sex. Any idea of him napping was now long gone. He whipped out his phone and scrolled through his text messages until he found his and Michael's last conversation.

To: Mikey
I JUST SAID NO TO SEX

To: Mikey
WHO AM I WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

To: Mikey
ANSWER ME I'M HAVING A CRISIS YOU SHIT HEAD

To: Puke Hemmings
Calm down why would you tell Mel you wouldn't have sex with her I'm confused

To: Mikey
It wasn't Mel who asked

To: Puke Hemmings
Well that's the reason why????????

To: Mikey
I'm scared

The final bell of the day rang, and Luke shoved his phone back in his pocket. He raced to his locker and shoved all his notebooks in, homework was not to be done at home. Homework was to be done before the class it was for.